Mad mother of many mental morons

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m gems, I’m not an urban explorer but I am an absolute history buff, old buildings, factories, mills and care homes (the sands instow) my husband actually worked at the sands until it shut down (from what’s been said the owners went bust) I’m also into family history and looking into families that lived in said abandoned places! I’m also into the paranormal so any “odd” pics please forward them over!

Hello everyone, I’m gems, I’m not an urban explorer but I am an absolute history buff, old buildings, factories, mills and care homes (the sands instow) my husband actually worked at the sands until it shut down (from what’s been said the owners went bust) I’m also into family history and looking into families that lived in said abandoned places! I’m also into the paranormal so any “odd” pics please forward them over!
Welcome but I doubt you will get much help with getting people to send you photos. Is the Family History personal or for one of those websites that sell the information, no help from me there, I've come across the Berkshire lot and was not impressed. Don't get me on Paranormal, I really don't believe any of it so don't try converting people they will either believe or not. I'm sure people would appreciate the history side of Buildings.

Welcome but I doubt you will get much help with getting people to send you photos. Is the Family History personal or for one of those websites that sell the information, no help from me there, I've come across the Berkshire lot and was not impressed. Don't get me on Paranormal, I really don't believe any of it so don't try converting people they will either believe or not. I'm sure people would appreciate the history side of Buildings.
Everyone has their right to believe what they want, I choose through some personal experiences to believe there is something out there, but I would never throw my beliefs into anyone else’s faces. I research old buildings for anyone who would like me to, I have done some family history finding “lost” family members but I love architecture history too! I’m also a lone wolf meaning that I’m not affiliated with anyone, I just love history!

Hi.

Welcome to the forum.

If you're after "spooky" locations I can honestly say, hand on heart, I've not really experienced anything on any of our explorations, even in some really "heavy" locations like morgues etc. AND including one where a mass murderer killed two women and a baby in perverse and terribly shocking circumstances. So I kinda think you're going to be a little disappointed looking in here for that kind of thing.

But...

I assume you've subscribed to Nuke's Top 5 on You Tube? You'll enjoy that I think!

Hope you enjoy the reports that are posted in here.

Back