Margaret Beaven School For girls in liverpool

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry. "moggy"? 🤷‍♂️ I've only been in England 7 or so years. In Scotland that's a slang term for a cat. I'm assuming you don't try and ride on your cat. Although I suppose that depends on what's in this "needle".
Moggy - either a Morgan (three or four wheeler, and definitely classic now) or a Morris Minor (more likely).
my moggy used to suffer from supressor failure, this allows the needle to "bounce" with about 10mpn variation as u drive, was genuinely just a guess when u were driving it.
my moggy used to suffer from supressor failure, this allows the needle to "bounce" with about 10mpn variation as u drive, was genuinely just a guess when u were driving it

my moggy used to suffer from supressor failure, this allows the needle to "bounce" with about 10mpn variation as u drive, was genuinely just a guess when u were driving it.
The only 'suppressors' I knew of were in the car's ignition system, which normally had no connection with the speedometer which was mechanical.

Moggy - either a Morgan (three or four wheeler, and definitely classic now) or a Morris Minor (more likely).

The only 'suppressors' I knew of were in the car's ignition system, which normally had no connection with the speedometer which was mechanical.
Yeah they deff have one on the back of spedo, it it somehow keeps the needle stable, as I say without them it bounces around all over lol

I still have soft spot memories of my moggy minors — had three, one after the other, including a van, and a ‘Traveller’. I painted canal-style castles and roses onto the Traveller panels. Could always start them with the starting handle, even if the battery was flat. One bad winter the van sat under a mound of snow for a week — battery totally flat but engine sprang into life on the second push of the handle.

I still have soft spot memories of my moggy minors — had three, one after the other, including a van, and a ‘Traveller’. I painted canal-style castles and roses onto the Traveller panels. Could always start them with the starting handle, even if the battery was flat. One bad winter the van sat under a mound of snow for a week — battery totally flat but engine sprang into life on the second push of the handle.
When I had my Hillman Minx Mk VII, I recall one evening - already dressed and about to go out for the evening - I had to use the handle to start it. And it started after a couple of swings.

Yep cant beat a starting handle. was also useful for precision moving for example u could put it in first & crank it onto a set of car ramps lol

Humbrol! That's the stuff. Forgot the name!
From Wikipedia: "
Humbrol was founded in Kingston upon Hull as the "Humber Oil Company" in 1919. After supplying oil for bicycles the company produced black paint for renovating them and then a range of twelve colours. During the 1950s and 1960s, Gerald Barton turned Humber Oil Company into "Humbrol" which developed a range of model paints and other modelmaking paraphernalia. In 1976, Humbrol became part of the Hobby Products Group of the international Borden, Inc. group. Five years later, Borden also acquired the French kit manufacturer Heller.

The Airfix model company joined the group in 1986, transferring its kit production to the Heller factory in Trun, Orne, France. In 1994, the group was acquired by an Irish investment company, Allen & McGuire, and the business was restructured under the Humbrol name. Heller was sold off in 2005 but continued to manufacture kits for Humbrol.

14ml can

On 31 August 2006, following the collapse of Heller SA, Humbrol went into administration. It was announced on 10 November 2006 that Hornby Railways would acquire certain assets of Humbrol, comprising Airfix, Humbrol paints and model accessories and the Young Scientist brand for £2.6 million. Humbrol's main factory was located on Hedon Road, Marfleet in Hull. In 1988, an acetone spill at the factory caused a fire resulting in the death of an employee. It closed c.2006 and the site was completely redeveloped by 2014."

Let's hope - seeing its Hull location -the oil was not fish oil! I wonder how long the site remained derelict before redevelopment.

Latest posts

Back