New but not quite!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevron

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. Been a member of other forums for many years. I've come here mainly for the residential sites which have always had a special allure for me, and are no longer a part of the forum that I have been a member of for the longest time.

Pleased to say I've already seen some absolutely wonderful reports here in that section!

I've done some small-scale exploring myself, but don't get out to do it much any more. The places that I have done aren't generally anything of note so I don't tend to post them and they're not usually very interesting to others! Safe to say I'm more of an observer and enjoy reading other peoples reports more these days.

This forum gives a friendly vibe that I'm really enjoying - happy exploring all!

Hi all,

New member here. Been a member of other forums for many years. I've come here mainly for the residential sites which have always had a special allure for me, and are no longer a part of the forum that I have been a member of for the longest time.

Pleased to say I've already seen some absolutely wonderful reports here in that section!

I've done some small-scale exploring myself, but don't get out to do it much any more. The places that I have done aren't generally anything of note so I don't tend to post them and they're not usually very interesting to others! Safe to say I'm more of an observer and enjoy reading other peoples reports more these days.

This forum gives a friendly vibe that I'm really enjoying - happy exploring all!
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your pictures on here.

Hi all,

Welcome Chevron, we try to be "the friendly face of Urbex" lol.
Re residentials its true they are a double edged sword.
If you search my profile u will see Im not opposed to a residential or two myself but equally Im quite willing to bin any that are just a soggy crumbling house stacked to the gunnels with magazines & cat food tins!
Can I ask why you are particularly interested in them?
They can be interesting glimpses into someone's life but that's exactly what they are someone's property so be careful & considerate before exploring or posting.
Give me a big industrial complex anyday :)

Hi all,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time in here. Heres looking forward to your first exploration report!

Stay safe!

Welcome Chevron, we try to be "the friendly face of Urbex" lol.
Re residentials its true they are a double edged sword.
If you search my profile u will see Im not opposed to a residential or two myself but equally Im quite willing to bin any that are just a soggy crumbling house stacked to the gunnels with magazines & cat food tins!
Can I ask why you are particularly interested in them?
They can be interesting glimpses into someone's life but that's exactly what they are someone's property so be careful & considerate before exploring or posting.
Give me a big industrial complex anyday :)
Hi Glynn!

Yes I'm quite familiar with your work from elsewhere too, and I've been enjoying looking at your residentials. Home Guard House has immediately taken a top spot for me.

I think there are two sides of urbex for me - one is seeing things we wouldn't normally see, like all the areas of an empty department store, or all the off-limits areas of factories and industrial plant sites. The other side of it for me is where it activates the imagination of a whole life lived, and that for me is what happens with residential. Plus there's the side of looking at items left behind and the nostalgia of going "oh God my nan had that carpet!" or, "I had one of those as a kid!", that sort of thing.

I think because I'm a collector of antique documents and things like that (must add I have never, and would never, remove anything from an explore site, all my stuff comes from auctions, fairs, junk shops etc.) it just fits into that sort of glimpse into another life. I also collect old photos and photographic slides too, so I've got thousands of pictures of people's holidays, Christmases, weddings, etc. and it's like a version of that for me.

My other big love is asylums and hospitals. The old asylums for the architecture and pure history absorbed into the walls, and the hospitals for seeing a new perspective on a place that can be quite scary and overwhelming, as it's usually full to the brim with busy people, and now lays eerily quiet, going from clinically clean to crumbling.

I've never done a residential explore myself, and it's unlikely I ever will. But I love observing those who do it right!

Apologies for the essay!

Hi Glynn!

Yes I'm quite familiar with your work from elsewhere too, and I've been enjoying looking at your residentials. Home Guard House has immediately taken a top spot for me.

I think there are two sides of urbex for me - one is seeing things we wouldn't normally see, like all the areas of an empty department store, or all the off-limits areas of factories and industrial plant sites. The other side of it for me is where it activates the imagination of a whole life lived, and that for me is what happens with residential. Plus there's the side of looking at items left behind and the nostalgia of going "oh God my nan had that carpet!" or, "I had one of those as a kid!", that sort of thing.

I think because I'm a collector of antique documents and things like that (must add I have never, and would never, remove anything from an explore site, all my stuff comes from auctions, fairs, junk shops etc.) it just fits into that sort of glimpse into another life. I also collect old photos and photographic slides too, so I've got thousands of pictures of people's holidays, Christmases, weddings, etc. and it's like a version of that for me.

My other big love is asylums and hospitals. The old asylums for the architecture and pure history absorbed into the walls, and the hospitals for seeing a new perspective on a place that can be quite scary and overwhelming, as it's usually full to the brim with busy people, and now lays eerily quiet, going from clinically clean to crumbling.

I've never done a residential explore myself, and it's unlikely I ever will. But I love observing those who do it right!

Apologies for the essay!
Take a look for reports on an abandoned private hospital in Malta just outside Valletta. It’s on a couple of forums and it’s pretty interesting although a little gross too - you’ll see why!

Hi Glynn!

Apologies for the essay!

Thanks, here is some residentials that u may or may not of missed but are undeniably good.
TBh i have around 130 residentials explores in my photo folders which gives you a idea of just how few I have posted.
I do enjoy them for same reasons u have stated but they always come with a fair share of hassle.

https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/malthouse-farm-sept-19.37834/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/lilford-park-pt-3-the-hall.39018/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/horton-lodge-march-20.38582/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/oriental-mansion-telford-mar-20.38426/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/white-ladfies-loughborough-feb-20.38166/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/trevor-helen-s-place-aug-19.37669/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/horologists-house-coventry-july-19.38466/https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/home-guard-house-oct-21.39130/
If u just want to
view all my threads in a list u can do so here
https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/search/78165/

Take a look for reports on an abandoned private hospital in Malta just outside Valletta. It’s on a couple of forums and it’s pretty interesting although a little gross too - you’ll see why!
I had a look at this and my - what a scandal!!

Thanks, here is some residentials that u may or may not of missed but are undeniably good.
TBh i have around 130 residentials explores in my photo folders which gives you a idea of just how few I have posted.
I do enjoy them for same reasons u have stated but they always come with a fair share of hassle.

Thanks Glynn!

Have had a look through over the past couple of days and these are just prime examples of the right type of residential done properly (y)

Back