New explorer in south Wiltshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermelon_snake

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site whilst I was looking for information about an old quarry near me, I have enjoyed exploring ruins and dereliction since I was a kid back in the 80’s. I’ve recently started watching loads of urban exploration videos on YouTube and it’s given me the inspiration to start exploring again.
I was just wondering if there is anyone local to me (BA12 postcode) that could recommend some good locations?
Cheers
WS

Welcome along.
Its unlikely anyone will just hand out locations that have often taken them years of research to find., until you have made some posts & got to know folk.
try doing some searches first using area ie town or county see what comes up.

Not sure if the quarry you were looking for is this one as its close to you.
https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/westbury-chalk-pit-apr-21.38497/I believe that is all cleared out now.

There is a nice garden centre quite close to you too, id be interested to know if thats still there if u do want to check it out.

Hi. Thanks for the advice, I really just needed a few pointers to get me started in my area or for someone local to let me tag along. The quarry I was looking at is in Mere, just off the A303, it’s an old lime mill for agriculture. Hopefully I can get a chance to explore later this week.
I’ll try and get some posts up soon.
Cheers
WS

Back