Norwich County Asylum - Dec '10

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After eleven and a half years loyal service, and continuous work; I was made redundant today, without pay (liquidation). I've been so depressed. But then I just logged in and saw that someone had seen my photos and commented:
It made me smile.:)
I'm not looking for sympathy, I just want to share how great the urbex community really is.

Hi

After eleven and a half years loyal service, and continuous work; I was made redundant today, without pay (liquidation). I've been so depressed. But then I just logged in and saw that someone had seen my photos and commented:
I'm not looking for sympathy, I just want to share how great the urbex community really is.

It a funny world we live in,even more so at the present time.
Keep your chin up mate ;)
You are in need of a seriously good new years explore :)
Thing wiil pick up for you mate in the new year

SK :)

Quite agree - as you know from postings on FB, similar situation here, but Urbex and it's legion are the best to keep spirits alive :)

Great report guys and like most other respondents, I thought the old patient records interspersed throughout were an absolute winner. Kept me enthralled right to the end. And should have known Shucky would be involved somewhere.

Very sorry to hear of your redundancy. This happened to me in May 2009 so I am in complete sympathy for how you feel right now. It gets better but it's still a bag of crap. On the practical side, this link will be of use;

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/

There are payments which you can claim under the National Insurance scheme when you are dismissed in this way. I went through the process with far less service than you had and although the payments I received were not everything I was owed, they softened the blow substantially. Your employer should have provided you with this information.

Obviously your own personal circumstances and the circumstances of your redundancy govern exactly what you can claim but I hope this helps.

You may already be aware of all this but I'd be kicking myself if you weren't and I kept my mouth shut. PM me if you want any more info as to how I went about it. Keep your chin up mate.

so the paitent records that were attulay in the hospital have gone now then? did they make it to the uni's archive??

awesome photos! some of those records really are very chilling. the petty and inane things that people were admitted for back then really makes you wonder! and i thought the mental health system is bad today!

wow fantastic pictures!

that sort of place gives me the creeps! great post with patient info etc, you never, bit of a long shot, ventured into a place called hales house in winterton on sea did you/ others?

awesome post :)

You took some really nice photo's in there, really informative and enjoyed looking at this post :)

Back