Outline Gym, Stockport

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
Not a fantastically interesting place, but I worked here in the eighties and was curious to see it again.
If you've been to Stockport you may have seen the building on Mersey Square, next to the Plaza bingo hall.
Stockport Village was a collection of small independent shops, fronted by the fitness club. The gym comprised of: bodybuilding room; regular gym; aerobics room; sauna; sunbeds; reception and cafe. All the premises have been stripped out. I remember it being a bustling, happy place full of tanned, happy people :)
The whole arcade had been secure until someone made easy access very recently. Judging by the metal laid out inside, it's scrap thieves.

Outline Figure and Fitness - Stockport

800-OutlineGym049.jpg

800-OutlineGym036.jpg

800-OutlineGym032.jpg

800-OutlineGym025.jpg

800-OutlineGym041.jpg

800-OutlineGym011.jpg

800-OutlineGym013.jpg

800-OutlineGym020.jpg

800-OutlineGym046.jpg

800-OutlineGym043.jpg

800-OutlineGym027.jpg

800-OutlineGym029.jpg

800-OutlineGym031.jpg

800-OutlineGym039.jpg

800-OutlineGym048.jpg

800-OutlineGym037.jpg

800-OutlineGym022.jpg

800-OutlineGym044.jpg

800-OutlineGym045.jpg

800-OutlineGym008.jpg

800-OutlineGym009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've walked past here so many times without ever giving it a look, I didn't even know it was closed!

Good pics Alley, the building its in looks very much like a lot of the buildings in Nottingham, near to the Midland Railway Station. Really liked all the rooms with all the mirrors on them, and also like the sauna pics,

why do they always put pretty women on a pommel horse? Now if it was a hunky man sat on a pommel horse im sure all us women would be very happy lmao.

Cheers Alley,

:) Sal

ps, its very rare for female gymnasts to have boobs lol. or lives outside of gymnastics come to think of it lmao

Outline Gym UK Ltd

Hi Guys,

I was one of the last two owners of the business and it is sad to see it in such a state.

There was 16000 sq feet of health club operating up until the last day but the Stockport drug users forced the business into liquidation by using the 'cafe' opposite as a gathering of their scum, which in turn reduced membership and visitors to an untenable turnover.

It did have a happy clientel in the main and we left behind 4 floors of gym equipment which was obviously taken out by the liquidators.

There is a few secret hideaways and access to the roof space if you know where to look.

A nice old building but has dodgy electrics in it so if they are still in operation be careful.

Outline Gym UK Ltd

Hi Guys,

I was one of the last two owners of the business and it is sad to see it in such a state.

There was 16000 sq feet of health club operating up until the last day but the Stockport drug users forced the business into liquidation by using the 'cafe' opposite as a gathering of their scum, which in turn reduced membership and visitors to an untenable turnover.

It did have a happy clientel in the main and we left behind 4 floors of gym equipment which was obviously taken out by the liquidators.

There is a few secret hideaways and access to the roof space if you know where to look.

A nice old building but has dodgy electrics in it so if they are still in operation be careful.

Back