Photos?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49155

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and trying to upload photos.

I have tried several times with different methods, still not working.

I am using a laptop, not a phone. I run Chrome as a browser, not that I imagine it makes much difference.

Drag and drop a 2000 kb image, it shows as (ATTACHMENT), no image.

When I 'attach files' it does this. See below.

Any ideas / help please? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_4334.JPG
    11.7 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_4334a.jpg
    DSC_4334a.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

I am using a laptop, not a phone. I run Chrome as a browser, not that I imagine it makes much difference.

that is strange as when I click on image I can see it!
Im not that technically minded myself so hopefully another admin will be able to help.

I post links via flickr myself.
so if u have a flickr account you can download your pics to there. click on pic then copy BB code & paste that into your report.
Its a long process but means your pics r stored safely &the site does not have to directly host pics.

Thank you for your advice. I have tried a 1 meg photo, which looks terrible, and it loaded as an attachment again.

I think I am done here, this is far too much work for such a crappy result.

Thank you for your advice. I have tried a 1 meg photo, which looks terrible, and it loaded as an attachment again.

I think I am done here, this is far too much work for such a crappy result.
You only need to resize the thing to 1200 x 800 pixles that is what I did

If the guy uses a Nikon Z7 and try's to upload it at full res what do you expect, most people use a mobile it's not a photo site

The first pic shows as being 11.7MB in size - much too large to work here. What I do is to copy an orginal and - using Photoshop - save the copy at, say, 1MB or less. I use that copy. That way it should appear in the same way the second one does here.

I just use Irfanview, I do a batch resize for my photos to use on my blog
Many thanks for mentioning Irfanview. I use Photoshop 7 - with which I am very happy - but it is worth knowing what other programs are available. Reviews show that Irfanview performs more quickly than Photoshop 7.

Back