RAF Bawdsey - photos taken in 2017....

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Duke 6

Reaction score
RAF Bawdsey is about a half hour from home and I often pop down there to see how the site is looking. Access is always a bit hit and miss with the landowner putting up and taking down obstacles near the main entrance.
Bawdsey closed down in 1991 after running since 1936 with the famous development of radar taking place at Bawdsey Manor in the same grounds. The site is well known for its ROTOR bunker complex which has been flooded and inaccessible for many years - I would say its probably a very dangerous environment should you be able to get in these days - concreted entrances etc. including the emergency vents area.

Anyway.. onto the pics...

Bawdsey (1).jpgBawdsey (2).jpgBawdsey (9).jpgBawdsey (10).jpgBawdsey (11).jpgBawdsey (12).jpgBawdsey (13).jpgBawdsey (14).jpgBawdsey (15).jpgBawdsey (16).jpgBawdsey (17).jpgBawdsey (18).jpgBawdsey (19).jpgBawdsey (20).jpgBawdsey (21).jpg

Attachments

• Bawdsey (22).jpg
    Bawdsey (22).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Bawdsey (23).jpg
    Bawdsey (23).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bawdsey (24).jpg
    Bawdsey (24).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
Cracking set of pics, its a place I really want to go.
Mainly to try & get underground though tbh lol. It was accessible in 2020 but that's about last I heard of.

Cheers - You may well be able to get in and down into the main bunker but I thought it was totally sealed these days mate - but is anything ever truly sealed? :)

Back