RAF Skaw Unst 2011 part 3 PICTURE HEAVY

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangergirl

Reaction score
I promise this will be the last thread for this particular RAF base

This first picture shows how close the base is to the sea a very pretty place to be when the weather is nice but when its bad it is bloody awful :mrgreen:

raf scaw & saxa vord 086 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 084 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 082 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 083 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 081 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 080 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 079 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 077 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 053 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/66842260@N04/6082960385/]
raf scaw & saxa vord 046 by dangergirl2010, on Flickrvord 049[/url] by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 045 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 043 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 042 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 041 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr
raf scaw & saxa vord 040 by dangergirl2010, on Flickr

Thats it i promise thankyou so much for taking the time to look at my pictures. If you can get up to unst the place is worth a visit.

Many thanks

hazel :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Please don't take this as criticism, but is your camera lens dirty or damaged? Most of the pictures seem to have a sort of central fuzzy and lower contrast effect. That would be a shame as you've made an interesting set of pix there.

A

Please don't take this as criticism, but is your camera lens dirty or damaged? Most of the pictures seem to have a sort of central fuzzy and lower contrast effect. That would be a shame as you've made an interesting set of pix there.

A

Camera phone ??
if im honest did this need 3 pages of images, fair play the site is miles from anywhere so respect due but i think one page of the best images would be the best way rather than loads of nondescript images

crappy camera

The camera i used was only a small kodak compact easy share, hence the fuzzy pictures:(
But i am hoping to buy a better camera and go back up to get some better pictures. Thankyou for your feed back its much appreciated and i know for next time :) :)

not camera phone

I am in the process of researching the base but unfortunately there is not a lot about the base available. Im sorry if there are repeats of pictures on here as you can probably guess i am a complete technophobe and a novice with the camera. I thought i had chosen the best shots but obviously not :( I am sorry if you think there are too many i will to try and trim them down for my next thread. But thank you for your feed back its much appreciated

Last edited:
just think content of each image and try to use it to give narrative and context to the report rather than a host of images that can look a jumble then you will be spot on

Thank you for your contribution, the feedback is constructive so don't be disheartened. We do really only require one thread per location though, with maybe 20 photos at most. If you want more information on how to format location reports I wrote [ame="http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=16286"]a handy guide[/ame]! ;)

Hope you understand that all the above comments are meant to be helpful, thanks for the post it was very interesting to see somewhere not often photographed !! Keep up the good work and get more posts up !! At the end of the day we have nearly 8000 members but its always the same few names that post !!

Latest posts

Back