Royal Navy Cordite Factory Holton Heath March 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holton Heath.

Interesting place, nice pics. I like the reservoir and the air raid shelter in pic three, was there any sign of a steel blast door on it?
The mould like things look a bit like the hinged top halves of machinery coupling guards.

Interesting place, nice pics. I like the reservoir and the air raid shelter in pic three, was there any sign of a steel blast door on it?
The mould like things look a bit like the hinged top halves of machinery coupling guards.

Maybe but these things are everywhere and we did find one full of some white shit, not to sure what it was but bearing in mind this place used to produce cordite i thought this could of been something used in the process maybe??

Last edited:
Yeah, that looks like the one mate, just before the roundabout on the right, if you're approaching from the south. Caught a glimpse of it las time I was in the area but havent had a chance to get down there. I'm still impressed how much survives, I expected all of the tunnels to be filled in.

Holton Heath.

Maybe but these things are everywhere and we did find one full of some white shit, not to sure what it was but bearing in mind this place used to produce cordite i thought this could of been something used in the process maybe??

I'm just guessing, cannot decide if the pin on the side is a hinge pin or some sort of pin to hold the two bits together.

I'm just guessing, cannot decide if the pin on the side is a hinge pin or some sort of pin to hold the two bits together.

I have not touched or picked one up but have seen some open and some closed, one side is hinged!

Il try and find out more soon, theres a library in Wareham which is meant to be good on local history so il try and get down there sometime!

guys i wouldnt mind checking this out, when i pop down some time, would be cool to get a look round if its still there

Yes mate no problems.
I dont think this site will be used for anything for ages.
Let us know when your coming down and we will sort it out.

Oh and the hindged cases are flange covers from the water pipes if anyone was interested.

Yes mate no problems.
I dont think this site will be used for anything for ages.
Let us know when your coming down and we will sort it out.

Oh and the hindged cases are flange covers from the water pipes if anyone was interested.

i was working there not to long ago that whole land and nearly all of holton heath is owned by a firm called birchmear group.we cleared a load of the trees and area around there. they spent loads of cash refurbing that building making it inhabitable for planing reasons.its going to be left like that for a while then its all getting knocked down for new factories. 1 of the guys there said hes got keys to a load of the underground tunnels there but said he can only get them during work hours and would not let me have them:mad: there's so much in that area too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back