SC Hospital - London - Pic Heavy

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superb, love the info before the pictures, better than just a load of photos with not much to read.

Well for a first post, that's one report to be proud of mate. It's taken me a couple of views to fully appreciate the place. Nice one buddy.

Thanks Bud,

I've got the other blocks to show you yet before public release :lol: Be looking forward to your opinions on what to show again.

Got so much work to do uploading and watermarking them all to flickr for you to see though! And then the decision making begins again on and on it goes! :lol:

C

Seen this place elsewhere, looks pretty good. Nice one.

I can see why you didn't name the place, but it is aleady named all over other forums and other places on the interweb ;)

Hey all,

I promise ill get another block on by sometime next week as I'm likely to have more free time to dedicate to gimp watermarking and uploading flickr than this week's mission.

I think I'll have to call it a 2nd part as I don't think it'll be appreciated to tag it onto this report as this will become a super top heavy pic post that'll eat your bandwidth :lol:

Not sure if its the best way but hope it is for you to all find. :)

C

Awesome first report, really good history and good amount of pics! You get a good feeling for the place, can't wait for the rest!

Dear all,

Thank you so much to the majority of fantastic comments on my first report it was better than i ever expected!

Not a knock on poor "nobody" here as they're not the only one to ask and at least they had the balls to query my motives in public. The amount of PMs ive had a) regarding why I am censoring images and it not being necessary... and b) where it is.

a) They are done like this to protect me NOT the site. Unfortunately not many of you know of me on here or my circumstances and vice versa from me to judge others on here either. Certain items posted here for me to share with you all could single me out to busybodies who would make my life very very difficult.

b) I thought I gave some very obvious clues in my post to the exact name?? It is not listed on here for obvious reasons (see a above) eg the site cant be searched and found immediately by people I dont want it too. But the links tell you where it is and over 5 acres in size in the UK's capital city it cant be too hard discover.

My reasons for the post was to show this wonderful site to you all who may not actually like the idea of exploring yourselves, but like to appreciate these buildings. Or the site is too far for you to visit and see it in person. Or finally to inspire you to explore this site before it starts a new lease of life.

Im sorry if i may have offended some of the urbexing community by censoring some of my photos.

Yours sincerely

C

Last edited:
So many abandoned NHS sites across the length and breadth of the UK - all of them, it seems, STILL owned by the NHS, and all, if not most beyond economic repair. There must be millions of pounds tied up in these places, in terms of land and potential development. Why, I wonder, are they not disposed of?

Furthermore, as I started my working life as a mortuary tech (before they renamed us, several times) some of the mortuary explores I have seen on the site worry me, as I suspect that last scrub down may not have been done properly in some cases. Specimen bottles left? Even in some cases hypos, saws, and coolers - many of which look decidedly unclean to me. Please, guys, take GREAT care - a lot of very unpleasant things can last an unbelievably long time.

So many abandoned NHS sites across the length and breadth of the UK - all of them, it seems, STILL owned by the NHS

I am afraid this site isn't owned anymore by the NHS that is why it is taking so long to sort this site out as it is the UK’s first ever urban Community Land Trust. Interesting to see how it will work in reality but the amount of multi-party constraints I reckon are causing this development to drag.

My opinion is it's a shame these places are not left still working properly. As Care in the Community doesn't work and look after some of the most unfrotunate members of society that really do need the healthcare system continued round the clock care. :(

Funnily enough I started my working career working with dead people in a undertakers (only lasted 18 months as I couldn't get a girlfriend when I was that young...that was my biggest problem in life back then :lol: What a fool!

So I completely agree with what you have said here about diseases that last and the potential uncleanliness of an area prior to abandonment. And some of the potential diseases are very scary!

Weirdly still keep my all those necessary jabs upto date privately, not that they'll necessarily protect me in the event of an incident in my opinion. But hey I do stints with drainage so it may keep me alive a day longer than someone without those weird and wild jabs. :lol:

The next and up and coming reports do begin to highlight these places have not been left as safe as they could have been, lots of hypo boxes, hypo boxes and biological waste just left in cardboard boxes etc.

And a lot worse really like controlled drugs left behind with specimens etc too. :mad:

Fortunately there is not a mortuary on this site at all. Only the old workhouse cemetry at the back which is still open to the public to this very day.

Take care and stay safe out there.

C

Very good first report mate, u know ur fungi:mrgreen:

I had a mooch about here in feb but my cf card lost the pics so been meaning to go back sometime.

I won't name the place as most people do know it but i will respect ur wishes and keep stum ( sadly don't expect everyone to be so understanding, i decided to remove a post as i heard rumours thieves were on the case to trash it, unfortunately a few folks who should have known better got the details from my exif data then went to the place and openly named it after id explained my reasons for removing my post....i certainly didn't expect that from fellow explorers but then not everyone actually respects the places they visit some do it to get one up on each other which i think makes exploring a very shallow, but thats just my opinion;)

Lets hope these beautiful buildings are saved, im sure the clocktower will be fine but i also like the more industrial "less pretty to the eye" brick buildings to the rear but i fear their future won't be included in the redev plans:cry:

Great first report and photos, looks like a great place!

Another of those ones where it looks like everyone's finished for the day and would be back the next, loads of paperwork and stuff still left around.

Hey prettyvacant71,

Thanks for the kind words about the report and you know your fungi then too if you was reading the latin name! :lol:

Cool that you got in, in Feb. I think you know the score and that in essence what I put above about the next parts, the thieves did get in and they have stripped the place to the bone and the damage they have done is shocking! :(

Its a hard place to miss in reality, thanks for respecting my wishes in that its for self presevation.

Yes that's why I won't tick the any of the data boxes when I use GIMP, hopefully that removes some things to make it a little harder I won't say its foolproof though!

Unfortunately as you say one man upmanship is still in full flow from the stand of human time and continues on if not worse in today's form. My lens is bigger than your lens etc etc, one day they may grow out of it, but unfortunately I doubt they will. Oh well they can have the pride of being no better than a metal theif in my opinion! Aiding and abetting isn't it?!

You've only got four blocks that are protected by listed status externally only and the internals have building regulation dispensation to try and help the developers keep them, whether they will want too or even can now is another matter though!

You can see on the planning development document online that three buildings are rated high significance. The whole site was listed in 1973 and any buildings having been built before 01 July 1948 are protected too from that date on, however not many were that lucky!

So the brick built building at the back will be listed, the clock tower building in the middle as you say, both blocks are listed and then the front building and gates are listed, the rest are on their own with medium and low significance with encourragement to remain but we know that won't happen!

I just hope she is reinstated and used again, rather than being left to rot in the elements with no use other than to be vandalised! :icon_evil

C

Hey TouchableGnome and Jimba

Thanks for the kind words again. Great fungi isn't, some of the best examples I have ever seen in my lifetime yet!

You're right as you go round the buildings, you think people should be coming back from a break any moment as so much is left behind, but alas they never do :(

In a way I feel the building is quite sad now as it has no use, bar to be stolen from (not that there is anything left now as they have truly stripped all of it now) and vandalised :icon_evil

Take care out there

C

You're right as you go round the buildings, you think people should be coming back from a break any moment as so much is left behind, but alas they never do :(

In a way I feel the building is quite sad now as it has no use, bar to be stolen from (not that there is anything left now as they have truly stripped all of it now) and vandalised :icon_evil

Myself and 2 others went to an abandoned college and then returned a few days after that first visit, and in the space of a few days, it was a lot more trashed and vandalised. It was quite upsetting to see :(

I know Jimba, it makes me very sad, why can't they just stick to nicking off each other or kicking each other in instead of vandalising instead and just leave everything else alone! :icon_evil

Black Shuck, thank you so much for the comment bud. You're right oi is, oi is! :lol:

C

Last edited:
Back