Severalls Hospital -"now & then"

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The easiest thing to do is go here http://www.thetimechamber.co.uk/Sites/Hospital/Severalls/severalls.php

:)

I need to update the history of that page, and add a timeline in (read somewhere that it wasn't the tower that was reduced in height, but the chimeny...?)

Thanks -some really well taken pics you've got there :) In fact, your whole site is pretty good!

You are correct about the chimney. I was told by a former Porter that it was reduced in height during WW2, to make it easier for the aeroplanes flying into & out from Boxted Airfield.

Lb:jimlad:

Thanks -some really well taken pics you've got there :) In fact, your whole site is pretty good!

You are correct about the chimney. I was told by a former Porter that it was reduced in height during WW2, to make it easier for the aeroplanes flying into & out from Boxted Airfield.

Lb:jimlad:

Yeah, thats what I heard, something about making it safer for crippled aircraft to return home.

Cheers for the comment on the site :)

I may get in contact about using your old pictures, if that is ok?

A belated Happy Christmas to you all! :)

Here's one that I find very poignant -particularly at this time of the year.

Sevs-CelebratingChristmasinoneofthe.png

The fireplace and dividing screen suggests it's in one of the Wards in the Main Building, however I've yet to see (or at least to notice) exactly where this photo was taken. My best guess was on one of the Southern Wards on the Female side, as the Ward seems to be angled / change direction beyond the dividing screen. Anyways, perhaps a bit of a challenge for those "eagled-eyed" Explorers out there ;)

If anyone has photos showing the same area, please feel free to pop-em up :)

Thanks and a very Happy and prosperous 2010 to everyone :)

P.s. -the "dead" links to some of my previous photos in this Thread will be sorted as soon as I've sorted-out me PB Account :neutral:

Back