Soviet Murals And Propaganda - (East) Germany

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This (defaced) statue is located in the grounds of the then Russian owned Wittstock Airbase (Now a brand new solar farm)...

6401618517_56a5a470e9_o.jpg

6401617943_df11bfda7f_o.jpg

I'm begining to think that no matter how many you see in a location ... you miss just as many!

The Soviet era posters and murals fascinate me too. I saw a library book once which had pictures of WW2 Sov propaganda posters and that was fab. I love the curious mix of optimism yet depressing melancholy-ness. No matter what decade a particular work was commissioned, it somehow always looked incredibly modern, slick and years ahead but at the same time so blunt and in yer face.

I wonder how these guys would've done in advertising, in a different life.

Excellent work, thanks for posting.

The Soviet era posters and murals fascinate me too. I saw a library book once which had pictures of WW2 Sov propaganda posters and that was fab. I love the curious mix of optimism yet depressing melancholy-ness. No matter what decade a particular work was commissioned, it somehow always looked incredibly modern, slick and years ahead but at the same time so blunt and in yer face.

I wonder how these guys would've done in advertising, in a different life.

Excellent work, thanks for posting.

Here here! When looking at these photos (which are all amazing by the way) filled with optimistic images slowly decaying, it almost takes me back to a lost world. Such propaganda images, despite looking amazing are someone scary and sad to an extent because they seem some-what hyper-real...or just not real at all.

Back