Strathmartine, Dundee 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Shadow

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Yo guys,

I have decided I will put my report up from when I visited Strathmartine. This place was used for people with varying conditions, like gargoyle syndrome to over hyperactivity. The few times I managed to visit this place I always managed to make it in and out safely. The whole area of the hospital is pretty cool and if you have been you will know what I am talking about, some of the views the patients had were spectacular.

We ventured up one frosty morning, myself and a buddy. We had heard of this place threw reading reports from 28days. We arrived at the back part of the hospital, accessed threw a little side road. We then made our way into the hospital grounds. We made our way over to what was known as ward 12. There was a lot of interesting stuff in here, some patients garments, old medical apparatus. This building had a very sort of late 70's early 80's feel about it.

After scouting around, we made it safely over to ward 11, which is basically the same as ward 12. There was a lot of childrens old toys and other various childlike things laying around. There was also a hell of a lot of paper laying around with varying information on it. Some of this building was badly trashed.

On with the fun, we then made it over to the main building which is really quite impressive. This is where a lot of the staff offices and doctors rooms were. The attic was really cool, the smashed human(fake) bones on the stairs added a nice atmospheric touch to the place, along with the scout uniforms. This place had wards 2, 3, 4 and 5. The place was pretty trashed in here, and it looked like intentional destruction. All in all this place was really cool and is the place where I basically lost my urban exploring virginity. I would avoid going there now as its pretty trashed and the unwanted attention has got a lot worst.

Shadow

On with the pictures.

Some padded restraining equipment?

DSCF1675.png

Varying things to read.

DSCF1690.png

Good old Pat, I found out the other day he was a Republican.

DSCF1700.png

Patients living quarters.

DSCF1704.png

Bambi?

DSCF1709.png

This cellar was weird, notice the newly bricked up part? Wonder whats behind it.

DSCF1724.png

A physically handicapped person's shower chair.

DSCF1727.png

cheers.

Last edited:
Back