Suggested places to explore

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 67072

Reaction score
Ok so am new to the area I live(near Daventry) and looking for a few places locally to explore and even hook up with a few folk to explore with..

Are there any suggested place in or near Daventry or a little beyond that could be suggested and are there any folks that do any urbex near me?

Looking forward to the suggestions

thanks in adcnace.

Thank you for the suggestions.. Already done the hill to death as well as the whole storm drain in Dav... As to Faceache I don't do that and never will. too much of a cesspool for my liking and Meetup, less said the better... Kinda why I asked here as at least people will be actually interesting and enjoy the activity... Thank you anyway for responding

Not a huge amount round dav but fair bit in Northants.
People generally won't just hand out locations though, they don't know who you are or what your intentions.
Best thing is to find some places yourself then get some reports up to gain peoples trust.
For a easy start try looking for ww2 stuff, there is plenty of that round here

Not a huge amount round dav but fair bit in Northants.
People generally won't just hand out locations though, they don't know who you are or what your intentions.
Best thing is to find some places yourself then get some reports up to gain peoples trust.
For a easy start try looking for ww2 stuff, there is plenty of that round here
not being from this neck of the woods means I have little knowledge of whats round here though hence asking... but hey ho nevermind...

not being from this neck of the woods means I have little knowledge of whats round here though hence asking... but hey ho nevermind...

Don't take it the wrong way but it's called exploring for a reason.
Have you firstly tried looking?
Search this & other forums for say "northamptonshire" or specific towns "northampton" that will give u a few places straight away.
General Google search for "abandoned northamptonshire" see what comes up.
Try geograph with location & key word.
& prob most importantly look on google maps! Just look for anything that looks overgrown or out of place then spend a day going round & checking them.
Sure 9 of 10 will b no good, or still used etc but that's the only real way to find something different that potentially no-one else has been to

Yeah nevermind I forgot how bad these groups actually are when i comes to being welcoming and helpful... Thank god the caving community is not this bad... at least there we literally will take folks with us is they ask etc and suggest good starting points... Anyway feel free to delete the account if I have not done so(phone not letting me for some reason) when I get home...

Yeah nevermind I forgot how bad these groups actually are when i comes to being welcoming and helpful... Thank god the caving community is not this bad... at least there we literally will take folks with us is they ask etc and suggest good starting points... Anyway feel free to delete the account if I have not done so(phone not letting me for some reason) when I get home...

are you for real?
what about my comments were not giving advice!
Iv told you many ways to help you find places & simply pointed out that its unlikely people will just give you pins, thats simply not what urbex is about

Here's some pins, hope that helps
Screenshot_20231010_113139_Maps.jpg

This group isn't bad. Your entrance was hardly engraciating. Plus urbex is totally different from caving.

I think Glynn has been helpful and quite patient with you. Take his advice, do some searching then post a couple of reports - folk will be far more inclined to meet up for trips which (just like caving or climbing) is the way to become part of a community.

Back