Visteon Plant, Swansea - August 2015

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I worked there from 1999 to 2007,it was a great plant to work in all went down hill once it was spun off to visteon.

It looks like the pictures are from the old Elba building where jaguar and Mazda power takeoff units were produced,the main plant was huge,disc,drum and hubs were produced there.The third part of the building was the zeta building which produced camshafts,conrods and crankshafts for the ford products.

There was also the Kings dock building which was a huge building as well where components for the lorries were built that has since been knocked down a rebuilt.

In 2007 visteon was looking to offload the plant which in turn a company called gkn was to take over but it never materialized,linmar then purchased the plant but only in the Elba building in which they then closed in a few years later.

The uk visteon group went bankrupt not long ago,the uk ford plants as in Enfield,Basildon,Belfast and swansea were all closed many employees transferred to bridgend engine plant like myself.One things for sure I never have or will work in a plant as great as the ford/visteon plant its sadly missed by all its former employees

Back