West Park Hospital, Epsom Cluster, Surrey.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.s. -Immortal Owl -still waiting to see some of your pics! :mrgreen:;)

Yeah, we saw about half of it...if not for the runaround in the morning we could have seen more.

As I've got no computer at mo piccies will be a while in coming!

You got the full tour then :thumb

And those strait jackets :eek:

Thanks S8 -was pleased with what I saw :)

Immortal Owl and I had a discussion about the Straight Jackets -trying to work-out how the Patient's arms would have been restrained (no sleeves). We could only presume that their arms would have been folded up against their chests?

Yeah, we saw about half of it...if not for the runaround in the morning we could have seen more.

As I've got no computer at mo piccies will be a while in coming!

Ah yes, the start of our day was accompanied by that great soundtrack "if I had a hammer" :lol:
Ah, that old excuse eh? ;)

No probs -sure your pics will be worth the wait -something about "quality over quantity"? :mrgreen:

Good stuff - I live just down the road from this place and never really even knew it was there. Must see if I can have a nose about....Great pics though. Well done! :mrgreen:

Good stuff - I live just down the road from this place and never really even knew it was there. Must see if I can have a nose about....Great pics though. Well done! :mrgreen:

Many thanks! :)

In me own opinion, definitely work a look (especially if you live so close!) ;)

Should you need any info, feel free to drop me a PM :)

Thanks S8 -was pleased with what I saw :)

Immortal Owl and I had a discussion about the Straight Jackets -trying to work-out how the Patient's arms would have been restrained (no sleeves). We could only presume that their arms would have been folded up against their chests?

I can't see the photos of the strait jackets because my computer is poop!:neutral:
But did you get into the stores near the water tower?
There was a mint, clean strait jacket attached to some weird chair. Went back yesterday and its gone :neutral:

I can't see the photos of the strait jackets because my computer is poop!:neutral:
But did you get into the stores near the water tower?
There was a mint, clean strait jacket attached to some weird chair. Went back yesterday and its gone :neutral:
I'm no expert but are you sure that they are indeed methods of restraint? When I saw them, I figured that they weren't due to the missing arms. If anyone is an expert, do enlighten the rest of us. :)

The one i saw was fitted on the chair and designed for the chair so i guess its purpose was some kind of restraint. Typically, i didn't take a photo :). ill have a look next, im sure theres more kicking about

The one i saw was fitted on the chair and designed for the chair so i guess its purpose was some kind of restraint. Typically, i didn't take a photo :). ill have a look next, im sure theres more kicking about
A wild guess but maybe it acted as some kind of cover for the chair? Someone needs to research strait jackets and see if there were indeed any without arms.

West Park Hospital, Epsom Cluster, Surrey -part 1

Some history.....

http://www.countyasylums.com/mentalasylums/westpark01.htm

A thoroughly enjoyable visit with Immortal Owl. A big thanks goes out to him for his invaluable knowledge :)

Kirkbride -sorry that you missed this one. Pleased to hear that you're okay though.

On with the photos!

DSCN6736.png

DSCN6742.png

DSCN6754.png

DSCN6760.png

DSCN6768.png

DSCN6772.png

DSCN6773.png

DSCN6777.png

DSCN6874.png

DSCN6887.png

DSCN6865.png

DSCN6893.png

DSCN6898.png

DSCN6900.png

DSCN6850.png

DSCN6803.png

DSCN6812.png

DSCN6824.png

DSCN6841.png

Some more to follow later. I hope that you found these interesting :)

Hiya

Er, sorry for my ignorance...but what is that white garment like thing in the pictures? I'm thinking straight jacket but I'm not 100%.

Thanks

Fran

wooohooo wot a great report, a nice load of pics is just wot i like to see :)

gives u a feel for it all, and see all parts and whether to go or not, i defo wanna, gunna have to b a train trip day lol.

thanks for sharing loved it :)

kelly

i really like the basement shots and the service tunnels with the pipes in, i did go under to have a look when we went but didnt go to far and didnt take any pics, nice collection of pics though

Latest posts

Back