world in miniature goonhavern cornwall

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a wonderful, crazy place! What sort of mind would produce ideas like "Lets have Alice, a pioneer wagon, the Leaning tower of Pisa... ooh and lots of dinosaurs!" It's a bit arbitary. I love it.

What a wonderful, crazy place! What sort of mind would produce ideas like "Lets have Alice, a pioneer wagon, the Leaning tower of Pisa... ooh and lots of dinosaurs!" It's a bit arbitary. I love it.

If you rotate Alice the right way up, It'll scare the wit's out of you, just like it did me.

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply.
Smiler

Nice site. Is it going to re-open then?

done a bit of searching on the web no sign of it reopening . i have found out that the dinos came from the st agnes leisure park ( its sistercompany ) which is now st agnes film studios also derelict

I actually paid to visit this place on a family holiday a few years ago...wish we hadn't bothered.
Hasn't changed at all...if anything it looks in better condition in this report than it did back then!

I went there in about `87 I think, have to agree with some of the posters on here, it was a bit of a let down. It was nicely manicured but reminded me of walking around a National Trust property, unless you`re interested in well kept gardens with a bit of quirkyness thrown in there wasn`t a lot else going on. Looks a bit more interesting now it`s derelict though. :)

I visited both this site and St Agnes as a child and oh dear god the giant Alice gave me nightmares... I think it was the eyes!

I hadnt realised both sites were now out of action but I am not surprised... even as a child I dont recall being over the moon with either. It is still nice to have the memories brought back though so thank you

Going back to the early nineties there were quite a few places like that I went to in Cornwall.

I remember going to the lappa valley railway near newquay which cost a reasonable amount at the time. A short ride on a minature railway took us to a clearing with a souvenir shed, small pond and a climbing frame !!

Back