Wolsey Tower

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlelaura

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Wolsey Tower.
Leicester.
Spring 09

A shot of all thats left after the destruction that is demolision...

SDC13114.jpg

The old Wolsey chimney

SDC13103.jpg

A heap of spools

SDC13107.jpg

The stairs, they had a really nice banister post

SDC13094.jpg

Nice banister post detail.

SDC13088.jpg

One of the upstairs rooms

SDC13055.jpg

The 'roof'

SDC13082.jpg

Trapped by an avalanche of rubble !

SDC13086.jpg

I know, i really wanted to have a nosey up there too.
Not a place i'd recomend on a hot day tho, it was jam packed with flies !

What a funny looking twee building!!!
First report? Nice one, I Look forward to more! :)

Thats a very handsome looking chimney and what is left of a very large factory. We have nothing like that over here in Norfolk:( and I just love that old fashioned factory landscape, vey Lowryesque!:)

It is Lowry inspired indeed, just a shame the rest has gone !
ive got a huge thing/passion for victorian industrial brick buildings.
Dont know why but decent and imaginative brickwork really does it for me...

It is Lowry inspired indeed, just a shame the rest has gone !
ive got a huge thing/passion for victorian industrial brick buildings.
Dont know why but decent and imaginative brickwork really does it for me...

I an well into derelict railway stations and tunnels, civil engineering e.t.c.. Nothing like Blue Victorian Engineering brick in a Viaduct or Old Tunnel.:)

That's a real shame to the the old Factory all but levelled. As you rightly point-out, all the intricate brickwork detailing that was carefully designed and built, literally brick-by-brick, gone in a few swings of the ol' ball & chain :(

Thanks for sharing your pics of the latest status on this place. I loved the report from a few months back (think it was Goldie or Mr. Sam's?), which had some lovely views across the roofs, showing the old Factory Worker's Terraced Houses in the background. Such views are now lost forever (apart from on said photos of course!)

Glad you like it, i saw that report too, that was what made me want to go for a look in the first place. Was a good one.
Was saddned to see everything else had gone tho, hope they keep the tower and somehow work it into whatever they're building on the site, its such a lovely thing would be a shame to loose it !

The Tower looks wicked,now its stood on its own.I can't see them taking it down but this is Leicester and the town planners are morons:lol:

That tower was full of the stuff from the medical room for some reason, I have some pics somewhere. The staircase was gorgeous, it got pinched I recon...

Good to see they at least kept something of the place...

Would love to have seen the staircase, if it was anything like the banister it must have been lovely.
Shame it got nicked, bloody pikeys.
There wasn't anything in there medically when iwe visited, was just a shell really bar a few chairs and pigeons. Must have all been cleared out, bah.

The medical stuff was up the tower, so you would not have seen it without an epic staircase to climb!

I'd say the trower is still do-able without the stairs... I would not mind getting up there myself. The records were of a fair old vintage.

good stuff, i still havent actually been in, every time i head down there theres some doggers

Latest posts

Back