roc post, isleham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatalotafun

Reaction score
well actually it's nowhere near isleham.
a mate of mine told me where it was and we wondered over there recently to have a ganders
here we go, last post that i know of was from 2007.

so here it is today, still in great order.

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

not realy sure what this big steel ball was, but heres a pic anyway
DSC_0307.jpg

how we found it
DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

as we left it
DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

Last edited:
Goods shots there Whatalot! Its nice to actually get a decent ROC that hasnt been trashed. Is that a 1968 closure?

yeah it is!

i couldn't work out what the building outside was for. and why did it have a sliding door on it but no closed off rooms!

The Building at the sie is an Aircraft Observation Post known as an Orlit! You can always tell a 68 closure because they have the Bunk Beds left inside.

The Building at the sie is an Aircraft Observation Post known as an Orlit! You can always tell a 68 closure because they have the Bunk Beds left inside.

that would explaint the few trees surrounding the place too then

gonna find a few more of these to visit now see whats about.

it would be good to gain access to the kennet one that has been welded shut!

Nice one. Considering its a 68 closure it looks in pretty good nick. The aircraft observation post is interesting. Looks like they have stuck a later orlit onto an earlier WW2 post, which is unusual.

Well done on getting out. I've not been in a post in too long.

I'm reserving judgement on the hat though....

Thread moved. ;)

Well done for finding this one - looks like nature wants it back badly....
I know a lot of explorers who would have turned and walked when they saw those spiders webs at the entrance!

That was good but how did the poor deer get in there. If the steel ball has a Square tapered hole in then it could be off a flypress. Good report that :)

That was good but how did the poor deer get in there. If the steel ball has a Square tapered hole in then it could be off a flypress. Good report that :)

you mean the rabbit!

if you check for the last roc post in 2007 the rabbit was mummified back then too.
it appears that it came in through the air vent next to the hatch

:mrgreen:

Back