20th Century Defences In Britain-2nd Edition

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well? What'cha reckon then? :)

I know,quite a few references to sites in Pembrokeshire. ;)

There's a reference to a site on the street where I grew up (sadly now demolished to make way for a housing estate access road-bummer). Very close to the very best chip shop in Milford Haven!!!

Bargain :lol:!!!!

Well? What'cha reckon then? :)

I know,quite a few references to sites in Pembrokeshire. ;)

There's a reference to a site on the street where I grew up (sadly now demolished to make way for a housing estate access road-bummer). Very close to the very best chip shop in Milford Haven!!!

Bargain :lol:!!!!

Its a good little book to add to my growing collection.

I've looked at it and I don't think it is that impressive ,i t is a quick glossary of every thing and only mentions the stoplines. Hardly worth the money. The one I was told to get out of the library is 150 quid in the shop Colin Alexander's 'Ironside's Line'

In fairness though, it was only designed as a practical handbook for interested archaeologists.

Well that saved me a tenner then. Ironsides line only covers the GHQ line running North from London I believe?

Its not a guide for locations etc, but will still be handy as its got alot of info about the layout of various types of defences, and some good picture, its like a larger more detailed version of another book ( British Anti Invasion Defences 1940 - 1945) but thats just in my opinion :lol:

Its not a guide for locations etc, but will still be handy as its got alot of info about the layout of various types of defences, and some good picture...

I agree. I have another, much older book, about military archeology, and the "20th Century" book is much more comprehensive. A very good reference book for identifying stuff and info about it. :)

Latest posts

Back