A graveyard for buses

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why aren't you saying where it is?

Doesn't look like the London Bus Export Company in Lydney, although roughly the same size.

It's not in Lydney

No mystery and I am happy to reveal most places I visit but not this place unless I know you!

Hello Mid Diesel mate, I must have missed this thread when originally posted, what a superb set of photos you have there, and another excellent find! When are you moving in :mrgreen: ?

Do you fancy a certain scrapyard in an airfield site shortly fella?

pm me mate -- I am at work...

Whay sort of area is this lot in?

'Cos in post 10, picture 8, there is a building that you can just see over the top of the bus on the right. And it looks a tad like an orlit?

Cracking stuff, missed this first time round :rolleyes:

Whay sort of area is this lot in?

'Cos in post 10, picture 8, there is a building that you can just see over the top of the bus on the right. And it looks a tad like an orlit?

I was going to ask a similar question, some of the background buildings are very WW2 airfield-esque...

wow.. fantastic photos. Please tell me what camera you use? i am well envious they are so crisp and clear!

wow.. fantastic photos. Please tell me what camera you use? i am well envious they are so crisp and clear!

thanks

They were all taken with an eldely Nikon D70s with the 18-70mm lens. ISO200

The vast majority were taken with a tripod tbh apart from the very sunny ones. The place was quite dark - especially where the buses were hidden in the trees.

Ooh, what a find!

I wonder how they all ended up there?

They have been collected over a period of about 30 or 40 years by one or two people who own the land.

Originally they were a source of spares for the working fleet.

There are a few modern buses in there still fulfilling this purpose

There are some super rare vehicles in here

But you will never tell where this place is. Or will you ? ? ? ?

Latest posts

Back