Abandoned Crazy Golf - Las Chapas Spain

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an excellent place to explore. I love that crazy golf course, even like the pic of the manky pool lol. love it. Really like the look of that bar in the club, that looks great. And loved the fort place, that looks excellent.

Excellent find mate,

Cheers,

:) Sal

I know its a bit late for a reply, ive only regestered last nite, ive been to this site, the golf course and bar have been derelict for over 3 years(the time ive lived here) even though the date on the bar is 2004, so i dont know if it ever opened as it dosnt look finished, or if it did it wasnt for long. after some reasearch i think the golf course and the bar to the rite (with falling apart roofterrace and downstairs bar) was the same business, (as far as im aware), the club (cleopatras) was a strip joint, and brothel! thats what the extra rooms are for!!;) and i think that was open for a while.
Good find, at least im not alone here!
the other structure was a torre, they are all along the coast, i think they used to be watch towers.
Hope this gives a bit more information as its a good, if not smelly site!
If anyone does want an urbex holiday, pm me. theres quite a bit of unexplored stuff here (nothing that old though!)

Excellent ! I'm very pleased someone could give me some background on that site ! Many thanks losttom ! :)

crazy golf

Hi, I new on here loved the pics of crazy golf in spain.Going out there myself next month would like to take a look around it. Is it in Marbella ? or surrounding area. Think it a great find. Hope I have some luck but do not think I will beat your find.

I live close to the Crazy Golf Course!!

Hi TD4,

I found this thread after looking round the Crazy Golf course just yesterday nearly 10 years on from my last visit!

The place hasn't changed For the Better since you took the photos but I can remember it when it was a magnificent facility!

The site was owned for years by a Scottish chap who had developed the site over a number of years. Even though it was just a Crazy Golf Course he built a Club House and Golf Shop to entertain guests. Inside you could book a game of golf for any course on the Costa Del Sol.

The furnishings where sumptuous and wouldn't have been out of place in a Top Scottish Club House. They had a small restaurant, Pool table with a lounge furnished with leather Couches sitting on thick woollen carpets. Downstairs he had a fully stocked Golf Shop that that included his own brand of Golf Clubs and Clothing.

The course was a pleasure to play and even just to walk round with something interesting to see around every hole. The Mediterranean plants all over the course where beautiful and very well maintained and it's very sad to see it in such a poor state 10 years on!

The Cleopatra Sign you took photos of came after he left. I understand he found it difficult to make the course pay? later on the Club House became a Brothel called "Cleopatra's, That's where the Advertising hoarding came from above the main building.
It was closed down just a few months after opening and it's remained empty ever since. At some point it was broken into and anything useful was stripped out from the interior.

My friend Sean runs a small 9 hole Golf Course about a 10 minute drive away and he had never seen the place in 5 years of living on the Coast! We both think it could be reinstated and brought back to life again but we wouldn't know where to start with finding the Owner?

Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Hi TD4,

I found this thread after looking round the Crazy Golf course just yesterday nearly 10 years on from my last visit!

The place hasn't changed For the Better since you took the photos but I can remember it when it was a magnificent facility!

The site was owned for years by a Scottish chap who had developed the site over a number of years. Even though it was just a Crazy Golf Course he built a Club House and Golf Shop to entertain guests. Inside you could book a game of golf for any course on the Costa Del Sol.

The furnishings where sumptuous and wouldn't have been out of place in a Top Scottish Club House. They had a small restaurant, Pool table with a lounge furnished with leather Couches sitting on thick woollen carpets. Downstairs he had a fully stocked Golf Shop that that included his own brand of Golf Clubs and Clothing.

The course was a pleasure to play and even just to walk round with something interesting to see around every hole. The Mediterranean plants all over the course where beautiful and very well maintained and it's very sad to see it in such a poor state 10 years on!

The Cleopatra Sign you took photos of came after he left. I understand he found it difficult to make the course pay? later on the Club House became a Brothel called "Cleopatra's, That's where the Advertising hoarding came from above the main building.
It was closed down just a few months after opening and it's remained empty ever since. At some point it was broken into and anything useful was stripped out from the interior.

My friend Sean runs a small 9 hole Golf Course about a 10 minute drive away and he had never seen the place in 5 years of living on the Coast! We both think it could be reinstated and brought back to life again but we wouldn't know where to start with finding the Owner?

Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

Hello Mike,

Sorry it's taken a while to reply to your post! I'm afraid it's been more than a year now since I was over there and sadly I have no more information regarding this site, the people who have replied to this thread (including yourself) have given me the background on the site that I would have never found out.

It sounds like a sad story that the place went downhill and eventually ended up becoming the cleopatra place. I must admit I'd have liked to have a better look around inside but it seemed as if there was someone lurking inside downstairs. I was staying across the motorway in one of the villas towards the beach and I only wandered up there to go to the shop next to the site.

It's funny how thoughts I was having while I was visiting the place make sense to me now that you mention that the previous owner was scottish, I did think that the comic artwork tiles at the different holes looked 'scottish' for some reason!! Maybe the previous owner's style rubbed off on the artist who painted them ? I don't know :)

Thanks for the info!! I'm sorry I can't help you with tracking down the previous owner.

Back