Abandoned House, Middle of feild, Exeter, Dec 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much doubt it. The building has mains electricity, supplied via the overhead lines shown in photograph one. From the photographic evidence - tiled room, tether frame in tiled room, large number of clothes hooks, hot water cistern, large chimney for boiler etc - I suggest this was a slaughter house at some time in its existence, farm animals do not tend to get veterinary treatment in tiled operating theatres especially built on farm land. Before Slaughter house and livestock transportation egulations were amended, there were many such places scattered about. Until the advent of the modern livestock transporter, it was cheaper and easier to transport carcasses rather than meat on the hoof.
one or two points,sorry to be a pain, it looks to me like the power lines pass the building without an obvious spur, also it may well have been built and used for slaughter but its obviously been used for ovine care as well.

Some cracking and very interesting points of discussion here...nice one !

in the room with the shears was some sort of pump device and many other bits of quipments.

Old Farm.

in the room with the shears was some sort of pump device and many other bits of quipments.

Any chance of a few more pics, I'm sure this building would have had many different uses over the years.

Looking at the map is there a chance that it was part of the Poltimore House Estate?

Last edited:
Any chance of a few more pics, I'm sure this building would have had many different uses over the years.

Looking at the map is there a chance that it was part of the Poltimore House Estate?

I'll see if i got any more pics.

Not but bout the poltimore house.
scrub might know.

Back