American Adventure 05/08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those videos are very nostalgic. I remember having a beer or two in that bar in the mall some years ago when the whole park was open and before the main entrance subsided. RIP AA..

american adventure

It was such a nice day i decided to have a wander around the old American Adventure, the why's and wherefores have been covered in jon_nic's excellent write up so i'll just put up some of my pics and stop talking! :)

The "heads" still looking good.
3heads.jpg

Inside the "mountain" amusement area type thingy
P1060507.jpg

P1060515.jpg

P1060512.jpg

Back outside, parts of the railway track still remain where it was difficult to remove
P1060453.jpg

Shops still clinging on, some still have power and running water!
P1060496.jpg

P1060492.jpg

P1060498.jpg

P1060499.jpg

P1060501.jpg

P1060517.jpg

Must of hurt passing this sucker! :p
P1060519.jpg

And finally, spotted two fox cubs playing in the sun :)
P1060458.jpg

P1060462.jpg

i remember goin here when i was about 12 ish they had a comp to get a hole in one over lake onto little island and you won a car always remember that mind u it was a bit of a rip off back in the day not alot for yr money or so my folkes said

I came across an American Adventure sticker on a Volvo at John o' Groats, of all places.

Good pictures.....still sad....first ever rollacoaster I went on was there, The Missile??? I think it was called. Infact my cousin's other half lost his job when it closed. Think if I went I end up upsetting me self:p:p:p

just thought id let you all know if you didnt already the final parts ( indian heads ) have been knocked down. All that remains is the pier

I remember going here several times when I was little.

Still got pics of me and my uncle on the log flume and the missle. Didnt even know it had closed down till now!

Latest posts

Back