Another empty village in Leeds?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This place reminds me of the long demolished Emmanuelle Grammar School in Swansea.

lovely find there, and in such good nick too!

Any shots of the interiors of the old buildings? If they are powder blue, custard yellow or light pink painted on the walls I think we would know pretty fast there previous use! :lol:

it really makes me angry:icon_evil to see old properties just left empty like that when there is a huge problem with affordable housing in this country surely our so called joke of a government could put families in need or homeless pepole in there especially in city areas like leeds.:mad:

Whilst I agree in principle with your comments/concerns, not all sites are suitable for this use. If the sites are within the city transport boundary, then I fully agree with you. The trouble is many of these sites are not now readily accessible by public transport, or are not near shops and other needed services. By their very nature, needy families and the homeless tend not to be in the car owning classes. It is also worth remembering that to be truly affordable, maintenance as well as rent must be added into the equation. If this is not done, all you get is a vast amount of slowly decaying housing stock. Sadly a typical catch 22 situation.

Ah yes, this would be the Tetley Hall Residence of Leeds University in Headingley. I walked past it the other day. was all locked up. I'm not sure what they're going to do with the site as the Victorian Houses aren't listed although I would have thought that someone would buy them and make them into flats.

There's a planning application in for the site, but I can't see much happening in the current climate. I think the gist of it is knocking down the modern block and replacing it with housing. From memory the houses were marked for conversion, maybe a couple demolished.

All the plans were on display a while ago at a public meeting. Nice, as there were detailed plans of all the existing buildings. As might be expected there was general opposition to the scheme on the grounds of too high and too intense.

Just checked and not surprisingly the application was approved, developer is Pickard Properties.

I walked past here yesterday but it's all locked up. There was lights on in the old houses though

Latest posts

Back