asbestos and Cancer

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, I don't know what to say.

It's a subject a lot of bulls*it is spoken about, and TBH we're all probably waaay to complacent about it, all of the time. I'm so so sorry to hear of your news.

So sorry to hear this Ricasso, I think at times we can forget how dangerous this stuff is.

I'm so sorry. Good for you for using your experience to help others. People often think they're invulnerable - "it'll never happen to me". If your post just makes one explorer think twice, you'll have done a huge service. I wish you all the best in your battle against this awful disease.

So very sorry to hear this, I wish you and your family the very best, and hope you get the absolute most out of the time you have left.

As many have said, lots of us are complacent, including myself at times, and your shared thoughts are very sobering. I for one will be purchasing a much more professional mask for my next explore.

As I say, best wishes to you, thank you for sharing, and good luck with the legal process

-RR

Terrible news mate my father recently lost a good friend due to his involvement with asbestos in the shipyards.

The guy who had the condition was telling me how they used to ball it up (the asbestos) and throw it at each other like snowballs where he worked, very scary now that it's known it's dangerous - I sometimes wonder (and hope) that there is no modern equivalent lurking around.

Our thoughts are with you and your family in these stressful times :-(

Hey Ric,

Really am sorry to hear about your personal situation. Takes real courage to say what's what publically too. Know that we've never met, however my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family.

Very sobering, and it makes me think about all those old places I've been too where I didn't wear a mask (know that's not where you picked it up from). As Krela said, a mask doesn't make you invincible, however it's got to help.

All the best, and hope that you will stay positive and healthy as long as possible.

Blessings,

Lb.

It's also worth noting that a plain old dusk mask will offer you zero protection, you need a P1 or P2 class mask, and preferably a half face one for it to be of any use.

Sorry to correct you but my previous job was working for an asbestos removal contractor and the correct mask for asbestos exposure is in fact a P3.

I was also amazed by how much asbestos was around us in places that you would never expect to find it and it is worrying how much we may have come into contact with without even being aware of it.

Really sorry to hear that, and great respect for the way you're holding up

Latest posts

Back