Bass Maltings, Sleaford, May 2016

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie

Reaction score
Wanted to vist here for a while. A friend and I had the afternoon free so we thought why not :p The weather did leave a little to be desired, but did provide some sound protection.

The Bass maltings was built between 1901-1907, by the Bass bewries, at a cost of £350,000, equilevant to nearly £40 million in todays money. The site is a collection of 8 buildings, and is the biggest collection
of malt houses in the UK. The site was used to malt and process barley and hops from the surrounding area for the use in production of beer. At peak times the site could process enough barley and hops to produce 120,000 pints of beer in a single session. After advances in the production process at the berwies other plant in Burton-on-Trent, the site closed in 1959. Between 1973 and the mid 1990's, G.W.padley let some of the buildings for the reering and processing of chickens.
Since then the site has been left un-used and derelict and is a Grade
2 listed building. 3 of the buildings were badly damaged by fires in
the late 60s. (information courtsey of wikipeadia).

We spent about 5 hours in total exploring, but only covered about 60% of the complex. Alot of the buildings are fairly well sealed up, but if you know where to look... most of the buildings are still very much in-tact and you can move about with relative ease. However, the buildings that are fire damaged have no flooring, only the iron
gurders. Apart from the inevetable debis, bird poop and yobo litter, the site is relativity clean.

pleases enjoy the pictures and PM me for any more info :D

Thankyou and hope your next explore is a safe and interesting one :)

Very cool, shame the water tower is sealed up at present tho mate

You made a sound job a'that Eddie, those girders look tempting, I'd have to give it a go, loved the shoelaces, Thanks

Nice work. That water tap has been peeing water for ever!

Cheers for that smiler, first post an'all, hopefully will get better at it haha 😊

Latest posts

Back