Beach Chalet. Snettisham. Norfolk. July 12.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These little beach chalets are fetching a fortune.
Just speculating but the placing of the chair by the bed looks how you'd place it by the bedside of an invalid. Owner died? It's a poignant image.

cool shack ,,and great pics looking at the pic of the chair next to the bed makes me think someone sat there holding the hand of someone sick in the bed ,,,its another one where the people were just lifted from the place and the items left

Very nice mate i use to live in snettisham when i was a kid and still spend a fair bit of time there camping when i get a chance but never knew this place was there nice find bud cracking shots too

Like it mate :) always make me wonder what happened to the owners
Bit like my late parents cottage in Haddiscoe. When my mother died in 1989, in her 80's, my father left the cottage untouched and went to live with his sister in Lincolnshire, never went back. When he finally decided to sell the place by auction about 6 months later my brothers and I made several independent trips up there to salvage items of importance (I found several biscuit tins of photographs and documents including my father's call up papers from 1940, his, my mother's and even my identity cards from the late 1940's). The house was then auctioned with anything we left (the bulk of the furniture etc).
I feel that the majority of abandoned 'time capsule' properties are probably the result one partner dying, then the survivor staying there till they either get removed by social services or more likely expiring them selves and have no interested surviving relations to 'tidy up' :(

Latest posts

Back