Beeston St Lawrence Church.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I know this church has been Documented but thought I would take a look beings it is so close to me. It has no congregation or services anymore and is left open all the time. The tower and nave date to the 11th century with later additions in the 13th. It was recorded in the Domesday book. The Congregation was a healthy 5 about 2 years ago. Anyway the pics.
0462.png
044.jpg
0432.png
0422.png
038.jpg
010.png
ms/gg388/footballplayer2/0372.jpg[/IMG]
0352.png
033.jpg
032.jpg
0262.png
0242.png
0233.png
0222.png
0212.png
0192.png
015.jpg
0142.png
013.jpg
pg[/IMG]

Nice one Shucky, love the tower, have you ever noticed how Victorians were always whiter than white?, its almost as if they expected God to read their memorial before letting 'em in!

Nice one mate, I take it you didn't venture up the ladder then?
You may have seen my entry in the visitors book?

Nice one Shucky, love the tower, have you ever noticed how Victorians were always whiter than white?, its almost as if they expected God to read their memorial before letting 'em in!

Tell me about it Riccasso, The Victorians were so pious and apparently god fearing souls e.h?

Nice one mate, I take it you didn't venture up the ladder then?
You may have seen my entry in the visitors book?

Heya D.J I did see your entry in the Visitors book. I thought the church was delightful. I did see the ladder leading up to the tower but I did not realise how bloody tall it was an Old Shuck aint too good with heights so I declined! also there was a Lady in the Churchyard doing some gardening and sort of keeping her eyes on me.

It's just as beautiful inside too...I love the simplicity of it and the old carved wood is wonderful.
Cheers, Black. Really good to see more of this delightful church. :)

Thanks Foxy. I liked the Pulpit and the Lecturn. The Niche above the entrance to the door had a Statue of St Lawrence at one point.

Back