Ben Nevis Observatory - Scotland - Oct 2010 -

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure of the name, tbh, as it was a very long time ago. Mention of the ridge is familiar though, and I was struck by how the easy way down was a stroll in the park by comparison. :mrgreen:
Sounds like you went over Crib Goch, with descent by Pyg track/Miners or Llanberis path :) Have "tiptoed" over top of Crib Goch on glorious autumn day buzzing over mere mortals "crabbing along" but was crestfallen after later seeing footage of guy on mountain bike make traverse :confused:

cheers for the replies people it was one hell of a trek soaked from start to finish

was good to get to the top and in that shelter and change my clothes

heres a few i took a while ago traversing crib goch in similar conditions

mecopy.jpg

DSCF3860.jpg

DSCF3862.jpg

2.jpg

traversing crib goch in similar conditions

Nice one fella, thought avatar of you was on Crib Goch, but was slightly thrown by cool halo behind you and the fact i badly need to get some glasses. Happy hunting :)
"Its like traversing the spine of the first born of time" (don't know who said that but my climbing partner quotes it every time we've been up there)​

Do any fellow Scottish hillwalking DPer's remember Killin Youth Hostel. Closed under the rationalisation of Scottish YH's and then semi demolished. Absolute travisty as such a wonderful place. Spent many an hour here, especially one evening when I drank far to much beer and then climbed 3 Munro's with a hangover :p Happy days :)

Sorry about some of the quality of shots as taken through windows.

After closure before partial demolition

CIMG1759.jpg

and after

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

CIMG1768.jpg

Last edited:
Do any fellow Scottish hillwalking DPer's remember Killin Youth Hostel.

Unfortunately never made it there, have only made a few trips to Scotland as Snowdonia "on doorstep". Still, drives me mad to see buildings/facilities like these go, but have to admit am in some small way part of the problem as often bivvy out or use bothies.

Back