Black Widow Submarine, April 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow - these photos are pretty amazing. I've always wondered about this sub every time I go past on the train - so thanks! and how you got there with the boat in the car.... just amazing!

welcome aboard

Hello folks, I am the manager of the submarine and read with interest your reports , its great to see that people are enthusiastic and still find it of interest, would not reccomend to anyone the access route taken as the hand grabs up the side of the leaning conning tower are not in the best condition and are likely to fail.

We had guessed that someone had been inside as we found 4 of our finest Ninja pidgeons dead in the control room, we have applied for them to be awarded the Dicken Medal of honour for outstanding bravery

The conning tower is filthy as it has been completely taken over by the pidgeons as the netting we had has been damaged over the past couple of years so we need to replace it as they are real vermin

Our concern is not that someone has been inside for a look but more to do with the safety aspect of 3 men in a dodgy boat rowing over in the middle of the night to clamber over the conning tower etc.

As a suggestion if there is any interest I would be happy to meet with a group of you at the sub one weekend or perhaps evening in the Summer to open it up so you can have a good look around. good news is that we have a boat to get back and forth that looks a bit safer than the one rammed into the back of the car .

We could pump out some of the ballast tanks to make the visit more comfortable , if anyone out there has any suggestions for how to fix the holes in the tanks please let us know ,likewise if anyone can suggest any possible moorings that would be good too.

Cheers

Hello folks, I am the manager of the submarine and read with interest your reports , its great to see that people are enthusiastic and still find it of interest, would not reccomend to anyone the access route taken as the hand grabs up the side of the leaning conning tower are not in the best condition and are likely to fail.

We had guessed that someone had been inside as we found 4 of our finest Ninja pidgeons dead in the control room, we have applied for them to be awarded the Dicken Medal of honour for outstanding bravery

The conning tower is filthy as it has been completely taken over by the pidgeons as the netting we had has been damaged over the past couple of years so we need to replace it as they are real vermin

Our concern is not that someone has been inside for a look but more to do with the safety aspect of 3 men in a dodgy boat rowing over in the middle of the night to clamber over the conning tower etc.

As a suggestion if there is any interest I would be happy to meet with a group of you at the sub one weekend or perhaps evening in the Summer to open it up so you can have a good look around. good news is that we have a boat to get back and forth that looks a bit safer than the one rammed into the back of the car .

We could pump out some of the ballast tanks to make the visit more comfortable , if anyone out there has any suggestions for how to fix the holes in the tanks please let us know ,likewise if anyone can suggest any possible moorings that would be good too.

Cheers

thanks for getting in contact FoxtrotU475 i love to re-visit if thats ok, i'm sure there are many people on here who would like to visit and help out with the submarine in return. please may you get in contact with me on [email protected] many thanks Rob

what a great opportunity you had there lads i would love to get in something like that! i shall look fwd to your return visit posts:)

Cheers

Mate, you have no idea how awesome it is to see someone as genuine as you is in possession of a gem like this. I'd be more than willing to help you out on this one. :mrgreen:

Tom

Fantastic - if there is a visit I'd really like to take a look

Submarine visit

Hello Folks, just an update on the sub we had a dutch film company visit yesterday and they are looking to use it for a short film about two deaf lovers that run away from home to hide in a derelict submarine ( boyfriend then apparently goes mad and locks her in !) so that they cannot be found, they thought it would be ideal , I had to promise that we would not paint it , clean up the pidgeon mess and cobwebs inside and leave it leaning over !.

Hopefully it happens as we could use the money towards a paint job , i also bought 250 metres of bird netting yesterday which is enough to cover the sub twice over ! , in particular I am keen to properlly net over the conning tower to keep them out so we can get it cleaned up as it is in need of a major clean up( real mask and overall job) , would be good to get it done as there is a fair bit to see up there. I have found that pidgeons are very crafty Fuc*kers and I swear they carry swiss army knives .

Let me know if anyone has a preferred date in mind for a visit.

Cheers

[email protected]

Great news about the film - do they need any extras? :lol:

Would any time on the weekend of 26th/27th June be possible?

Back