Bradgate park Nursing Home

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well ill keep people on here updated, well maybe me or few others that go there. Just that i saw planning permission notice on the front gates and not too sure when it will be going! Drop me a PM if you come down! Im always up for an explore!:)

I feel bad!!!
I think i was the first person to explore this from this site, I introduced it, and it was in perfect condition when i went, now look at the state of it!
Not blaming anyone here, im sure everyone from this site treats places with respect, but i cant help but feel guilty that I increased its popularity

I feel bad!!!
I think i was the first person to explore this from this site, I introduced it, and it was in perfect condition when i went, now look at the state of it!
Not blaming anyone here, im sure everyone from this site treats places with respect, but i cant help but feel guilty that I increased its popularity

Don't feel bad about it, its a risk that you take showing a site on a forum and many of us have had to decide whether or not to hold stuff back. But to be honest, if you don't put it up yourself, eventually someone else finds and publicises it anyway. The same thing has happened to me and it does make you feel kind of responsible, but without taking up 24 hr secuirty yourself its difficult to predict what will happen with a site and what kind of activity it will receive.

Pete
(PS Moved thread to hospital/asylums in line with other zachary merton/ bradgate threads)

Pete, can i just say something? This thread isnt a hospital or asylum. Its a residential site. Think too many people have mislead this as a hospital but have been greatly mistaken! I think it should be in Residential threads and the other Bradgate nursing homes should be moved into this catergory. Not being picky but just telling my feelings. :)

Pete, can i just say something? This thread isnt a hospital or asylum. Its a residential site. Think too many people have mislead this as a hospital but have been greatly mistaken! I think it should be in Residential threads and the other Bradgate nursing homes should be moved into this catergory. Not being picky but just telling my feelings. :)

I appreciate your point but nursing homes by definition are health care establishments and as Zachary Merton Recovery home, it's role was that of a convalescent hospital. I believe it is therefore more appropriate to categorise this location with other healthcare related institutions rather than residential sites.

Pete

I feel bad!!!

Sadly its one of those things as the person who gets 'first dibs' on it - but as Pete said someone else will come along and report it anyway. It attracts attention from kids, graffiti artists and pikies much more then it has from people like ourselves, you probably visited when the first window was smashed - thus giving you access for example, this is usually the first step in a buildings downfall. I can't imagine the destruction can be attributed to your report or the numerous other explorers whom have visited this place since your visit.

I don't think its been smashed up because of reports being put up, the damage had started before the first one was posted.

Pete, can i just say something? This thread isnt a hospital or asylum. Its a residential site. Think too many people have mislead this as a hospital but have been greatly mistaken!

Actually it was technically a hospital for most of its life. It was NHS property until they sold it off in 1987.

its Bradgate Nursing Home now. Stewart House is owned by NHS but thats not a Hospital. Its a home. Same where i work. Theres one part for the "mental" and for the blind. Still called a Residential home. Just disagree that it should be under Hospital/Asylum:cry:

Anyway, went again tuther day and took a disterbing picture. Whether its what i think it is or not, will find out soon what it really is!:neutral:

DSCF5953.jpg

DSCF5954.jpg

And some others of that night

DSCF5877.jpg

DSCF5886.jpg

DSCF5890.jpg

DSCF5908.jpg

DSCF5910.jpg

its Bradgate Nursing Home now. Stewart House is owned by NHS but thats not a Hospital. Its a home. Same where i work. Theres one part for the "mental" and for the blind. Still called a Residential home. Just disagree that it should be under Hospital/Asylum:cry:

I meant it was owned by the NHS, and before and during that time it was a hospital. People would have their operations or whatever in the Royal Infirmary or another central hospital. They would then be transferred to zachary merton for the rest of their hospital stay. Its got the bay for ambulances and the nurses home there too ;)

Has it? Ive never seen the ambulance bay or Nurses bit! Hmmm. Well still, it says Bradgate Nursing Home but hey. Still think its residential not hospital site. Just to argue :mrgreen::lol:

Theres a difference between a residential home and a nursing home. As can be surmised, residential homes do not have the same health associated role as a nursing home. NHS ownership does also indicate health related occupation as residential provision would be through the local authority. Given that and the former use, it stays where it is.

Just a quick update, building is secure. Chavs managed to get in the building tonuight though and had air rifles in there! We where walking around the outside of the building and they shouted that they had guns. Next thing we no, 1 jumped out the window and chased us with a gun!!!! We got to the car and called the Police! They did question why we where in there but let us go because of the circumstance!!!! So people..... STAY OUT OF THERE NOW!!!!! Aint worth the risk! :(

Just a quick update, building is secure. Chavs managed to get in the building tonuight though and had air rifles in there! We where walking around the outside of the building and they shouted that they had guns. Next thing we no, 1 jumped out the window and chased us with a gun!!!! We got to the car and called the Police! They did question why we where in there but let us go because of the circumstance!!!! So people..... STAY OUT OF THERE NOW!!!!! Aint worth the risk! :(

Kerry, please contact pc 1969 Matt Orton at leicestershire police on 01162222222

what was the outcome of calling pc 1969??
i should imagine they caught the chavs but had to let them go due to the excess of paprerwork so they are comeing ofter you instead lol

they where just warning me of the dangers that where in the building and to advise me to see a GP after being in there as its full of blue asbestos. If the place was that unsafe and hazarderous, they should secure it up tight and/or knock it down quick.... :cry:

Completely agree! I worked not at Bradgate resedential but Beacon Lodge Rehab Unit next door and this was in no way a "mental Asylum" I think perhaps this is what the local youths may have adressed it as! It was a home to 28 plus residents and all in all was a fantastic place of work bar long hours and terrible pay! I did go too see the place (there was absolutly nothing to say I coundnt) purely for nostagical reasons and genrally found it quite upsetting at the vandalism which is apparent.However if anyone would like to venture (lawfully obviously) I can quite strangley give a guided tour! but what was apparent was that i did find a lot of case notes which still had my writing on! (I worked there in the mid-late 90s) which was obtuse seeing as they normally go into archives but however I found it a little upsetting but lovely to say goodbye.I am new too this but may i say would love to ventrue to see other places of intrest especially the Towers etc so please do let me know if this is possible? Theres something very interesting about a place which is un habitibal my friends think im odd! im just me! thanks again Donna :)

Completely agree! I worked not at Bradgate resedential but Beacon Lodge Rehab Unit next door and this was in no way a "mental Asylum"

I 've had enough of this discussion about appropriate thread location. As said before the description 'nursing home' by definition indicates a health related purpose. The author of this thread named it as such.Other bradgate are also in this category. Any more disputing the point and the thread will be pitted.

Latest posts

Back