Broadoaks manor 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
hey everyone visited broadoaks the other day with matthew adams and a none forum member.. The first thing that struck me was the condition of the place its pretty much immaculate. There are even some bits and bobs that have been left inside. we found all this very interesting :)

here is some history.

Detached country house, recently in use as offices. 1876 by Ernest Seth-Smith for his elder brother Charles, incorporating part of an older house on the ground floor; early C20 additions for Sir Charles Tennant including, c1905 the south projecting Drawing Room, c1908 the east projecting Ballroom. 1970s office extension not of special interest. In 1898 the house was sold to Sir Charles Tennant, wealthy industrialist and patron of the arts who, aged 75, had just married his 2nd wife Marguerite who was to bear him 4 children. The main Tennant property was in Scotland but this house appears to be an out of London house for entertaining, Surrey becoming very popular at the time. The brewery owning Charrington family owned Broadoaks from 1911 to 1946 when it was sold to the Ministry of Supply. In 1948 it housed the Army Operational Research Group and was in military occupation until 1996.

on with the pictures.

IMG_4898_zps9738bf49.jpg

IMG_4900_zps0ed7b940.jpg

IMG_4901_zpsc9a03730.jpg

IMG_4914_zps1dd1d402.jpg

IMG_4904_zps8f6f9002.jpg

IMG_4905_zpsca7e2d18.jpg

IMG_4906_zps7c0496bf.jpg

IMG_4908_zps6fed5cb6.jpg

IMG_4911_zps8d3f7982.jpg

IMG_4912_zpsbefac640.jpg
]

IMG_4919_zpsa293fecb.jpg

thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Any idea what them squares and numbers are for ? Auction maybe ? Nice report thanks for posting.

Any idea what them squares and numbers are for ? Auction maybe ? Nice report thanks for posting.

I'm guessing here, but I reckon photographic survey. They probably relate to photographs in an appendices of the Design and Access Statement.

Wicked shots, not sure I'd be comfortable wandering something so mint! Great work, keep it up! :)

Looks an excellent explore with fab images. i always wonder whether we"d go here or not as it looks too mint with what appears to be zero decay..that being said when we finally get back to that neck of the woods for other 'goodness' might be hard to resist having a look ;)

I'm guessing here, but I reckon photographic survey. They probably relate to photographs in an appendices of the Design and Access Statement.

Wicked shots, not sure I'd be comfortable wandering something so mint! Great work, keep it up! :)

Thanks bud :)

Back