Broadoaks Manor - Surrey - Sept 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was in the public domain before I posted this report fella, do try to keep up ;)

only on one quite obscure web site though? now it's in four posts to all the major UE sites. This is equivalent to hearing someone whisper 'fire' in a crowded room and deciding it's a great idea to use a megaphone to ensure everyone actually hears it.

I fear The vultures will be circling, i hate to say this but Let's hope security pick up on it first and step up their game. of course one of the down sides of that is that as I believe it's in public ownership I guess ultimately the hardworking taxpayers of the UK will be picking up the tab.

only on one quite obscure web site though? now it's in four posts to all the major UE sites. This is equivalent to hearing someone whisper 'fire' in a crowded room and deciding it's a great idea to use a megaphone to ensure everyone actually hears it.

I fear The vultures will be circling, i hate to say this but Let's hope security pick up on it first and step up their game. of course one of the down sides of that is that as I believe it's in public ownership I guess ultimately the hardworking taxpayers of the UK will be picking up the tab.

Well it's been a month since I posted this, I have hardly noticed a stampede of explorers descending on the place, no endless stream of reports going up about it?

I don't know if you saw the Danbury Palace report that I posted a few of months back, we gave it an alias to protect it, a couple of days later a member commented something like "I know this place, it's Danbury Palace", I asked through a mod to have the comment removed and the powers that be refused, so with this one, I named it before some other numpty did, especially with the name being in the public arena already

Nelly I know you are a responsible explorer but this caught me after a very early start with my three year old so I was in a mahoosive grump :) your approach to Danbury Place was exemplary and I applaud you for it and that attitude should be default in this hobby. personally I prefer as much stealth as possible even if outed elsewhere IMHO it's best not to name a new location apart from in private - the more chatter there is out there the more risk locations are at and this one is a peach.

I asked through a mod to have the comment removed and the powers that be refused

Not quite right there mate, Krela removed the name double time, so quick that he beat me to it and I was on the report seconds after the comment was made :)

Nooooo. SK was modding at the time and I clearly remember him phoning me at work because Krela did not want to remove the comment in the interests of free speech

SK asked me if I thought it best just to delete the report and I agreed. The report up now is the second version, the first was deleted

I can't see where anything has been "screwed up" tbh. This place is not a 'new' site as has been stated.

Looks like a pretty normal report on a building albeit more in the category of 'not lived in' for me. The photography is of very good quality and the house has some attractive features. Thanks for posting Nelly. :)

beautiful building and some beautiful features inside. Got to agree though it isnt derelict enough for me.

I have removed the unfounded accusations from the thread, as was pointed out this site has been in the public domain for quite a long time now, there's nothing sinister going on here and no-one broke anyones trust etc.

Latest posts

Back