Brompton road underground station, london

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesdazza

Reaction score
I've been working doing some filming with The Old London Underground Company.
They are trying to open up some of the derelict underground stations.
I've made a couple of videos that you may like to have a look at.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/29307668[/ame]
and
[ame]http://vimeo.com/26999232[/ame]

Thanks.

Nice vids but tbh if this guy reckons he can make any money of the back of opening up old tube stations he is living in a dream world.

Nice work on the videos yesdazza.
Looks like we could all be losing some of London underground explores sometime soon then!:cry:

There's next to fuck all of us that's done any underground stations anyway, I don't think it's going to impact the exploring community in any way. (it's only an 'explore' if you explore it surely?)

Nice vids but tbh if this guy reckons he can make any money of the back of opening up old tube stations he is living in a dream world.

He's clearly a bit cuckoo, I can't believe he's blagged it this far to be honest.

Bung this is Google Translate btw and take a look, I guess it's what could be. Can't see the point though, if you want to see them that much you'll run down the tunnels and get the experience too. Can't see myself buying a ticket to look at South Kentish Town, there's plenty of in-use stations that reflect the history and development. Take a look at Covent Garden, Mornington Crescent and Baker St (Met line) for some nicely kept and refurbed stations.

Can't see myself buying a ticket to look at South Kentish Town, there's plenty of in-use stations that reflect the history and development. Take a look at Covent Garden, Mornington Crescent and Baker St (Met line) for some nicely kept and refurbed stations.

Exactly... very strange idea.

Nice work on the videos yesdazza.
Looks like we could all be losing some of London underground explores sometime soon then!:cry:

Yeah, maybe, we'll see.
I don't think it will happen soon though.
Although it does look like he is getting close to doing something with Old Brompton Road.
It's actually an MOD site and they seem to be very keen on the idea.

Yeah maybe, but the underground really captures people's imagination and he already has pledges of investment cash. We'll see.

I just like going into these places and filming. They are so atmospheric, spooky.....and dirty!

There's next to fuck all of us that's done any underground stations anyway, I don't think it's going to impact the exploring community in any way. (it's only an 'explore' if you explore it surely?)

He's clearly a bit cuckoo, I can't believe he's blagged it this far to be honest.

Bung this is Google Translate btw and take a look, I guess it's what could be. Can't see the point though, if you want to see them that much you'll run down the tunnels and get the experience too. Can't see myself buying a ticket to look at South Kentish Town, there's plenty of in-use stations that reflect the history and development. Take a look at Covent Garden, Mornington Crescent and Baker St (Met line) for some nicely kept and refurbed stations.

He certainly is a bit mad, but it's an interesting project and he does seem to be gathering momentum.

You can contact him through his website if you are interested: http://www.theoldlondonundergroundcompany.com/

Yeah, maybe, we'll see.
I don't think it will happen soon though.
Although it does look like he is getting close to doing something with Old Brompton Road.
It's actually an MOD site and they seem to be very keen on the idea.

Mate, trust me, it isn't going to happen EVER. The whole idea is total bullshit. How would you even begin to think about getting past building regulations for a start?

At one time you could have a tour around Aldwych after it closed, but I'm not sure if any visits are permitted.

Interesting site. Any chance of a Derelict Places pre-conversion visit?

Wow yea you can put my name down there right now! Thx :)

At one time you could have a tour around Aldwych after it closed, but I'm not sure if any visits are permitted.

touring around there just wouldn't be the same, The Firestarter (twisted firestarter) tunnel would likely be off limits into Holborn old platforms, as with the various bits beyond where the tracks end at Aldwitch ;)

Oh, and if there's a trip into Old Brompton MOD bits, put my name down. The lower station doesn't interest me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back