Brunner Mond Soda Ash, Northwich, Cheshire - January 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEWY

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The original Brunner Mond & Company was formed in 1873 when John Brunner and Ludwig Mond built Winnington Works at Northwich, Cheshire and produced their first soda ash in 1874. The company grew steadily over the next 50 years including, in 1924, acquiring the Magadi Soda Company of Kenya. In 1926 Brunner Mond merged with three other British chemical companies to form Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI), a venture that grew to become one of the world's largest and most successful companies.

In 1991 Brunner Mond was re-created as an independent Company by the acquisition of the UK and Kenyan soda ash businesses from ICI. In 1998 Brunner Mond acquired the soda ash activities of Akzo Nobel in The Netherlands where Brunner Mond B.V. now forms a wholly owned subsidiary company of the Group.

In 2006 Tata Chemicals Limited - part of the Tata Group of India - acquired the Brunner Mond Group. Along with Tata Chemicals' established operations in India and those acquired through the purchase of the soda ash assets of General Chemical Industrial Products Inc. in the USA, today the combined Brunner Mond/Magadi Soda/Tata Chemicals group is the second largest producer of soda ash in the world and the only one with manufacturing and supply chain capability on four continents.

This place is still half live
Security asked me if i was one of those Uuuuurban Exploring types.... Me? Never ! :D
sign0104.gif

The Pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Just...WOW! These are amazing! I get such a "cold" feeling from these...I love it!!

Thanks Kat :lol:

was just like snow that white stuff, except it was like flour and got everywhere :mad: :mrgreen:

Thanks LB :lol:

think the motor shot is my fave :)
wish i'd taken one of them paper suits.
i was like a snowman when leaving :mrgreen:

I really like this report Chewy, and the photos look well composed - but I would love to see some originals as I am not a huge fan of the post-production.

Latest posts

Back