Cane hill's final fate

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like what? Redevelopment takes a lot of planning. For any building of that age there'll be a considerable sized asbestos removal job - it'd be costed in to any development plan. I think it's taken this long because nobody has been able to decide what to do with it.

They'll have to remove the asbestos before they do anything with it (whether it' demolition or conversion). So you've got that cost up front to deal with.

And all the contamination from former medical equipment and around the boilers. And, not to mention, the claims that there are bodies buried around the site.

All the best,
Simon

And all the contamination from former medical equipment and around the boilers. And, not to mention, the claims that there are bodies buried around the site.

I find its best not to think about all that when your sitting on an old bed with a flask of tea and a sandwidge worrying about weather it'll rain. :lol:

It hasent been on the market that long I think the NHS let it go in 2005

EP only took it over in Apr 2007, it seems they were looking to do a rather quick turn around on the site but sadly due to the local listing ;) and the listing app that was not to be!

Latest posts

Back