Causeway Lodge

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because I know you're all too lazy to compare, here's the two shots, 6 weeks apart

=================================================

I looked - because I'm a girly swat!

Now, talking about having a drink on an explore.......... I give you UrbanX. ;-)

I saw lots of evidence of owls in the barns but I generally do when looking in derelict outbuildings! I always try not to disturb them too much if I spot any :) as for bats, I didn't see any evidence of them but I didn't venture into the roof space where they're probably most likely to hang out. An old house I used to own backed onto a railway line that crossed over a river. Quite a lot of bats would roost under the bridge and come out at dusk. They seemed to make a beeline for my garden so whenever I sat out at night they would swoop down towards my head forcing me to go inside lol! They really are fascinating little things!

I was thinking that owls must be quite a common occurrence in outbuildings. It might make it a bit freaky if bats started flying out of a building as you went in lol!! No way! It's not very often you get them swooping that low at you! I live in the middle of nowhere and I remember in the summer months if you were out after dark you'd be able to see the bats circling in the moonlight but they'd never come very low.

It's not very often you get them swooping that low at you! I live in the middle of nowhere and I remember in the summer months if you were out after dark you'd be able to see the bats circling in the moonlight but they'd never come very low.

The back doors of our row of cottages open onto a communal lane (now divided up with gates on each cottage boundary) and then we have our back gardens - where the privy and wash houses once stood. Our very large local bat population fly up and down this lane at dusk - always lower than gutter height and mostly at head height. Their swooping, fluttery flight is a joy to watch!

Latest posts

Back