Chaddesden Culvert,Derby.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johno23

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After a call from Ashless and a thorough appraisal of the incoming weather,Our team consisting of Ashless,
Johno23,Drama Queen,Timewarp and Kaputnik assembled at our RV point to have a look at Chaddesden Culvert in Derby.After a reassessment of the first point of access we headed to the second.After a brief exchange of hostilities with cheeky,nosey,stone throwing lads we commenced our tour.Here are a few of my pictures.
CHADDESDENCULVERT158.jpg

Taking refuge from incoming bricks,local rabble have no respect for urbex:lol:
CHADDESDENCULVERT007.jpg

Approx 100 metres in.
CHADDESDENCULVERT019.jpg

First part is of modern concrete construction.
CHADDESDENCULVERT017.jpg

Ashless and Kaputnik venture into the abyss.
CHADDESDENCULVERT012.jpg

Infeed drain roughly cut in from nearby newbuild estate.
CHADDESDENCULVERT131.jpg

Halfway in and it changes to very new inspection chamber.
CHADDESDENCULVERT124.jpg

We coudnt budge this cover to see where we were:(
CHADDESDENCULVERT081.jpg

Wonder what happened to the rest of this vehicle:question:
CHADDESDENCULVERT086.jpg

You find the strangest things in these culverts:p
CHADDESDENCULVERT034.jpg

The second part is of corrugated iron,even on the floor,tricky to walk on:exclaim:
CHADDESDENCULVERT058.jpg

Small waterfall,old meets new:exclaim:
CHADDESDENCULVERT097.jpg

The infall, we did it back to front:mrgreen:
CHADDESDENCULVERT093.jpg

Exit into leafy glade,(aka) the jungle,JOHNO lived up to his signature here and fell in the river:lol::lol::)
CHADDESDENCULVERT146.jpg

We were careful not to disturb the residents on the way back:p

Apart from the chavs chucking rocks at us and Johno falling in the drink,it was a very pleasant little explore.
More pictures from rest of team to follow.

Apart from the chavs chucking rocks at us and Johno falling in the drink,it was a very pleasant little explore.
More pictures from rest of team to follow.

Indeed it was, bloomin pesky Chaddites! Anyway here are my pics...

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Hehehe :lol:
IMG_0401.jpg

it was a pleasant sunday wander, like the pics folks! here's a few of mine .....
DSCN1194re.jpg

DSCN1178re.jpg

DSCN1196re.jpg

wish my camera had a longer 'long' exposure! 4 secs just ain't enough for very impressive torch trails.....

DSCN1182re.jpg

a good intro to culverts, this one, for those in the area. makes you want to try a real long half day explore one, though:mrgreen:

Nice site and pics guys. Like seeing the different materials, etc, used in this one. :)
Johno, I totally empathise! Can't recall how many times I've been walking along keeping my eyes open for pillboxes and walking straight into puddles and small streams! :mrgreen:

Well done for cracking on and getting the job done. :) Some nice pictures there. I've never experienced stone throwing chavs - yet!
The corrugated section is unusual. I wonder why it was done like that??

if only i had wellies.....or money..id prefer money but anyways ...cool pics wished i coulda been there thanks to ashless for the invite ...ill try my hardest to come to the next one....altho i just bought rock band so i need more money again :p

Latest posts

Back