Markeaton and Chaddesden Culverts - May 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one for all you duck fans:

img0871.jpg

Don't worry, the ducks say that they don't mind security catching up with them :)

Last edited:
Yeah me too, I occasionally do it just to make fun of people who do, I say "LOL, ROFL, XD, PMSL, LMAO etc."
That gets them :mrgreen:

Oh yeah rofl is quite a frequent one in my vocab. never heard of PMSl and just wouldnt say XD! :)

Revisit

I revisited Chaddesden culvert today, and was pleased to see my photography skills improve before my very eyes! I tried light painting more this time, but unfortunately my camera decided to pepper my images with hot pixels, I have sorted the photos out and here they are :)

Corrugated Section
img1693.jpg

Me stretching before carrying on
img1717.jpg

Small Side Tunnel and Sluice
img1721.jpg

Ladder Access, My Favourite Picture :p
img1727.jpg

Peter and Part of Me
img1728.jpg

I stuck my Maglite up this water inlet
img1738.jpg

Looking down a pipe
img1739.jpg

Thank you for looking, comments welcome :)

Last edited:
I'm sorely tempted to take the metal detector down one of these places.. I'll bet there's a fortune in gold jewelry, silver, coins etc. stuck in them.

On a treasure hunting forum I'm a member of, there's a few Yanks on there who make a tidy living from scavenging drains & sewers. :mrgreen:

Nice shots from your second visit J - its a good place to practice that sort of stuff in my view, might take another trip down in a few weeks myself. I'm feeling brave enough to go culverteering again after my previous episode :neutral:

Spaffing drainer pose too, after two culverts your putting me to shame chap.

Last edited:
C'mon, cheer up. I am sure your camera is not ruined ;) Nothing some WD40 and duct tape cannot fix

You will certainly not fail. I spent hours cloning hot pixels on those :lol:

Latest posts

Back