Chernobyl and Pripyat, Ukraine - Apr 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are fantastic pictures - I personally love your HDR ones. You must have been wetting your pants with excitement visiting this place. Any chance you can give us a bit more 'tourist' related info? Like, do the tour operators allow you to enter the bulidings? Are you allowed to roam around at your own free will? Thanks for sharing those pics. :)

Hi random love the pics and some great use of lighting and subject matter, really like the HDR images they look great i would like some advice on ho you did them if you have the time at some point. Deff a place i would like to see one day too looks great and lots to explore.

Thanks guys :)

Home Guard - yes there is still definitely left over radiation. It's mostly in the grass, dirt, and dust. Background radiation is really low, so it's perfectly safe to visit as long as you stay in the areas your guide tells you to and don't just stray off. The dose you'll get from Chernobyl will be less than you'll get from the plane on the way over.

So mainly anything with water or moisture in it hangs on to a lil bit of radiation?

I still cant get over how strangly amusing them pictures of your are, it is like everyone just left (which they did):lol:

I bet chernoble, especially the hospital had a bit of an eery feelin.

Nice one

Some Nice shot there - good job.

The HDR may be a little heavy, but that's just my personal taste. poo poo to the Hdr haters!!!

After watching Life after Humans on NatGeo last year Ive wanted to visit this place

I had no idea that it was now open to the public, would love to go and soon.

Thanks for sharing such brilliant pics m8

Hey, randomnut great report! I've looked through your 500+ flickr pics too....shortly before booking myself a flight over there!!! So I may be hassling you for info soon! Did you do any other sights around the Ukraine?

Last edited:
Nice pics, personaly i like the HDR shots, they are what they are... a further way to express a vision through photography.

Hey, randomnut great report! I've looked through your 500+ flickr pics too....shortly before booking myself a flight over there!!! So I may be hassling you for info soon! Did you do any other sights around the Ukraine?

Hi m8, I am currently in discussions to sort a visit, if we get a group its MUCH cheaper :)

I am recruiting through this group on Facebook if you fancy it :)
http://www.facebook.com//group.php?v=wall&gid=70103403280

Sorry if this breaks any forum rules!!

Hi m8, I am currently in discussions to sort a visit, if we get a group its MUCH cheaper

True!
Sorry, I already have my group sorted, we're getting it for below £100:p
Good luck getting members, most people will think you're a mental for wanting to go!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back