chicken farm jan 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brings back memories of the time when I worked on a chicken farm. It was free range but there were still about 3 huge sheds similar to the one you've explored, holding 18,000 birds each. Even though they were free to come & go a lot of them just hung around inside where the food was! If it rained there would be a mad stampede to get back in which was funny to watch; I'm easily amused! The noise & smell when I went in at 8 in the morning to open up would take your breath away & make your ears ring. Imagine 18,000 chickens all squawking at once! I then had to collect several thousand eggs by lunchtime with the little buggers pecking your fingers & Radio 2 blasting from giant speakers down the aisles; totally mad! Thinking about it, I really have had some crap jobs!
I've got some photos I took inside the sheds if anyone's interested. I could post them on the end here if that's OK?

i assume its okay with the mods so post away id love to see them

I have been searching the computer for them but I cannot find them which is really annoying as I rarely delete photos unless they're really crap of course. I'll keep looking & post if I find them.

Latest posts

Back