Clipstone Colliery

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they have cleared all the buildings now, except for the headstocks.

Its hard to tell driving by, so next good day I may get the bike out again get closer. It looks like its a ground clean up now.

OMG that so sad seeing all the buildings gone. Last time I was there there were loads of out building. It would be a scandal if the headstocks were removed.

Councillor Soar is campaigning to have the headstocks de-listed. :icon_evil not happy that she could get her way.

Still searching for any updated info on them.

:) Sal

thats fucking disgusting, i think we should start a campaign to have HER delisted :icon_evil :icon_evil ;) :mrgreen:

bungle

Councillor Soar is campaigning to have the headstocks de-listed. :icon_evil not happy that she could get her way.

Still searching for any updated info on them.

Let us know if anything crops up in the local media, I will fight to see these headstocks survive. Too much has been bulldozed allready.

Heard absolutely nothing regarding the Headstocks. Took ThenewMendoza past them on Saturday onthe way back from Rufford, and the only thing left on site, are the Headstocks and the rooms directly underneath them.

Nothing in the Chad recently either, think there's a few of us around here now, so a few more to keep an eye on the place.

Now it looks like the weathers improving I will get the bike out and take another look sometime soon.

Did you go and see the Abbey while you were at Rufford?

I've been there loads of times before, its not far away, so its my local lol. and cos we'd got my 3 year old with us, took TnM as well. but by the tme we'd got there, the abbey itself was all locked up. so will go again another time.

Whereabouts are you based? Im' up at Shirebrook, unfortunately, and keep seeing your pics from Clipstone. so know you're not too far away lol.

I've been there loads of times before, its not far away, so its my local lol. and cos we'd got my 3 year old with us, took TnM as well. but by the tme we'd got there, the abbey itself was all locked up. so will go again another time.

Whereabouts are you based? Im' up at Shirebrook, unfortunately, and keep seeing your pics from Clipstone. so know you're not too far away lol.

Rufford is a nice place to go with the ice houses, Abbey and pond

Last edited:
On the subject of Notts headstock demolition, what was the final verdict for Annesley? I was there the other day and both the bathhouse and stock were still standing.

Is there to be another meeting, I should like to attend and give my say.

On the subject of Notts headstock demolition, what was the final verdict for Annesley? I was there the other day and both the bathhouse and stock were still standing.

Is there to be another meeting, I should like to attend and give my say.

Sorry I know nothing about Annesley Colliery

Site clean up seems to have slowed down, garbage everywhere you look.

Headstock_final.jpg

SDIM0578_final.jpg

SDIM0580_final.jpg

SDIM0584_final.jpg

SDIM0620_final.jpg

More pictures Here

So whats the deal with the heapstead and the headgear, are they to be kept or are they still going?

So whats the deal with the heapstead and the headgear, are they to be kept or are they still going?

I think they are still in danger of demolition, I'm determined they should stay they are unique I've not seen anything like them anywhere in Europe.

I think the pressure has eased on Annesley a bit, Pemission Homes the developer have put a lot of their projects on hold because of the state of the housing market.

Thompski and I visited these on Sunday and the place is swarming with demo machines just waiting for the authorities to lift the preservation order on them !!

Hopefully thier plans will not succeed as they are amazing to look at even from the road.... Inside visits would call for ninja tactics :mrgreen:

Back