Quantcast

Cobblers Corner - Aug 20

Help Support Derelict Places:

BikinGlynn

Reaction score

A derpy little petrol station this one that turned out to be rather superb.

I cant tell you much about this place other than it closed some years back, but the prev owner lived there until his death in 2018.

From the front this looks like any small ramshackle petrol station & shop but from a different angle you can see there is definitely more to this.

I cant find anything as to the history of this building but it seems to be of military origin, Im assuming to do with the neighbouring airfield. From inside there is a modern exoskeleton covering the typical military windows.

Markings on the wall here appear to be military?

Moving back outside I noticed a military trailer (strangely not covered in only other report I can find as it is by far the best thing there), I have no idea what this was but hopefully someone with a military background can fill us in, but it was in impeccable condition. Im hopeful it will be saved & restored pretty soon.

BikinGlynn

Reaction score
Thanks dude, it's pretty cool if u r ever out that way worth a look

night crawler

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always seems a shame places end up like that deserted and forgotten about, how long before developer steps in ab builds houses there

Foxylady

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, this is amazing. The building looks like it was a WW2 watch office/control tower and I think the van is a portable control room, which is really rare. What a great find. Excellent stuff. :)

Foxylady

Veteran Member
Reaction score
Or, thinking about it, it may be an emergency lighting trailer. Either way, it's still rare and in an amazing condition. I reckon the RAF Museum would be very interested in it. :)

Last edited:

Darklldo

Reaction score
The pics are great. Those ceilings are interesting. I wonder if they would date the building? 'PSI' next to SWP is pounds per square inch of course, but don't know what the SWP is.

synthnut

Reaction score
The pics are great. Those ceilings are interesting. I wonder if they would date the building? 'PSI' next to SWP is pounds per square inch of course, but don't know what the SWP is.
SWP stands for "Safe Working Pressure" by the way!