Creepy old house Gorleston Oct 2010

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
these pictures are great,its just a shame that so many of the womans belongings and memories had to be left behind :)
It's a 'double shame' when most of whats left behind heads straight to the tip!!
I managed to 'salvage' an extremely old child's chair, 2 solid silver napkin holders inscribed with 'Bens Silver Wedding 1906' (no mention of the wife for some reason?) and a very old silver and pearl fruit knife.
The house is an empty shell now:(

Thats so sad,i noticed some old black and white pictures hanging on the walls as well,do you know if these were pictures of her relatives or just print outs?
At least you managed to grab a few bits,itd be a shame if every single piece went to waste,id love to see some pictures if you have any.

The pictures were mostly religious. End of the line for Annie as far as I know there are no living relatives left.
Would like to get a little insight of what she was like as I knew her Auntie who moved in with her fairly well.
Have posted a picture of Annie on Facebook.

www.norfolkinruins.co.uk

Last edited:
It's a 'double shame' when most of whats left behind heads straight to the tip!!
I managed to 'salvage' an extremely old child's chair, 2 solid silver napkin holders inscribed with 'Bens Silver Wedding 1906' (no mention of the wife for some reason?) and a very old silver and pearl fruit knife.
The house is an empty shell now:(

Can you elaborate a little on your "salvage" of said items? Did you get permission, for instance?

Can you elaborate a little on your "salvage" of said items? Did you get permission, for instance?
NO to your first question and YES to the second:
I have taken the napkin holders to a local antique dealer who offered me £20 for them; I am not parting with them though.
As far as the other artifacts are concerned - I have not had the chance to take them to an expert yet.
I should think that it would be highly unlikely that the chair is of any value as such and I 'salvaged' it simply because it looked so very old/unusual (very photogenic) and also for sentimental reasons.
Lastly - yes I did get permission!

I'm actually annoyed at the fact that someone actually went there and 'salvaged' a few items,then boast about how much a dealer has offered them...........we can all 'salvage' stuff but we dont,no one has any right to take this old ladies items,if you had any decency,you would sell them and give the money to charity or even this site.:mad:

Last edited:
Guess I should have let everything go to the rubbish tip then!! - Like I've said before I was a friend of one of the ladies who lived at the house and I'm sure she would not have objected to me saving just a few items - should have realised that someone would be offended!! Like I've said before; workmen were present at the time and they actually told me that everything on the verge was going to be thrown! - I think I support charity shops quite enough thankyou very much and I don't particulary take kindly to someone that doesn't even know me and the link between myself and this house and have the audacity to accuse me of having no decency:wmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back