Derby Police Station & Magistrates Court - May 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top pics, good explore even if I shed blood around....again!

And yes, love your new signature crashmatt :lol: I am so daft!

Someone has a sense of humour - stenciling the crimestoppers number on the cell wall. :)

Some of my photos from the last few days.

2508310842_7c46c0937e_b.jpg

View of the Magistrates Court and the Police Station from the riverside. From left to right - The brick building to the left is the Court; linked to what appears to be a recreation block (contained a kitchen, bar and a room where ID parades were carried out). There is then another linking corridor (see below) which links to the entrance hall (also see below) and the main admin block. The concrete structure behind the bushes on the right is the garages.

The court is to be retained but the Police station will be demolished soon to make way for a new glass and curtain walling multi-storey building (which in 20 years time we'll all probably be complaining how crap it looks next to that nice art-deco building.....)

2503025652_8bd26aacfe.jpg

The entrance hall. This was full glazed on 3 sides and lit by natural light. It's now all boarded up as when the Police left it appears people took revenge; there's lots of smashed glass now (who thought a glass Police station was a good idea!!).

2502199405_a01d92b47a.jpg

The linking corridor which runs all the way to the Court, (well boarded up now - not a way in!), and more broken glass.

2503029950_8494171f79.jpg

Moveable screens with mirrored glass which were used for ID parades. Disappointed there wasn't a proper line up room - wanted to do some Usual Suspects style lineup shots :lol:

2508329518_8da81dd4a1.jpg

The garage.

2507502795_203c191984.jpg

A basement roof light and eerie green light cause by sunlight shining through the undergrowth outside.

I'll add my pictures of the Magistrates Court soon.

Last edited:
wow great photos looks like the chaves :(:cry: have been in the cop shop though but the courts look in good condition not at all like i imagined as I've never seen in side a court room only on TV before v cool indeed:):):lol::p

Wow, what a funky, funky staircase in the Magistrates Court. I like the police station too but love the court especially. Can't get over those stairs...and the cute skylight...and the basement skylight. :mrgreen: Fab pics guys. :)

Nice photos mate,love those old skylights.I see the "bulk buy" tea lights came in handy at last:lol::lol::)

Third visit today, and the most er, exciting.

Went in with Ashless and Kaputnik and took a few photos. Turned on some of the lights and such. Had a good wander around. Had to run like fuck when Ashless set off the panic alarm. Thankfully, I had an idea of where to reset the alarm, and I was right. Then we heard sirens, which continued past us. Bit of a heart racing moment :)

Anyway, pictures from the last two visits.

The main entrance behind the boarding

Cell through the inspection glass

Call button inside a cell

Cell block with call lights active, Ashless in the background

Court two

Thermometer on the wall behind the judges bench in court 2

Ornate radiator cover

Cool curvy skylight

Nice angled staircase

No plastic stick on signs here, proper signwrighting on the doors

More stairs

Interview room

Helicopter poster

I've really got to look at the Magistrates Court, really liking the art deco interior details and definately want to check these out myself.

Really enjoyed my visit here with Ashless and Crashmatt,:mrgreen:
Ashless kept us on our toes by pressing something which caused a strange alarm to go off! then we heard a police car's siren on the street (totally unrelated, but we didn't know at the time) which added to our panic!
an amazing place to have a look around though, the rooftop view was really cool as well:)

Kaputnik said:
Ashless kept us on our toes by pressing something which caused a strange alarm to go off! then we heard a police car's siren on the street (totally unrelated, but we didn't know at the time) which added to our panic!

crashmatt said:
Had to run like fuck when Ashless set off the panic alarm.

Aw c'mon it was an accident! :lol: Don't take me anywhere with power next time!

Great that the lights work; they make some good pictures. I love the Art-Deco rooflights; hopefully they'll be kept in future.

I'm going to have to go back and take more pictures.......(again):)

Not much for me to add; so here's a B&W cell shot.

2509711500_aa844e02dc.jpg

Remember kids; respect the law and you won't get to see one of these :lol:;)

They cell looks eerily like the ones in The Bill!

Rev give us a shout when you plan to go next, I quite fancy a look myself!

some of my pics of the court appearance....
DSCN1167re.jpg

DSCN1155re.jpg

DSCN1148re.jpg

DSCN1146re.jpg

One of the very photogenic skylights...

DSCN1140re.jpg

'Do you see the person here today, who commited this terrible crime??'
YES!! that's 'im in the corner wot done it!
'Let the records show that the witness has pointed out ASHLESS!!'

DSCN1124re.jpg

DSCN1112re.jpg

thanks to crashmatt for the invite to this brilliant place, (i was the only one who wore a smart shirt for the court appearance!):mrgreen:

sounds like you had some fun then (the alarm and blue bottle sirens going off um) great photos once again am loving the art deco interior.:)

Latest posts

Back