Derby Railway Warehouse - April 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobodyGirl

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Went to This place yesterday on an Exploration. This place is pretty run down due to fire and vandalism but is still a great explore.

2425794322_3afc4c7f8e.jpg

2424876567_2dd164bda3_b.jpg

Just got these put together, Ill upload more when I have been through them.

Nice panorama. :)

Please don't use exact visit dates, it's against the posting rules.

Re: Derby Railway Warehouse - 19/4/08

It's a great place to look around, went recently with a few of the Derby bunch,
did you go into the depths of the basement? if not you'll love it down there, bring a good torch tho! like the top b/w pic.:)

Last edited:
Re: Derby Railway Warehouse - 19/4/08

It's a great place to look around, went recently with a few of the Derby bunch,
did you go into the depths of the basement? if not you'll love it down there, bring a good torch tho! like the top b/w pic.:)

I got advised about that area by a Homeless guy in there who I had a nice chat with. I did see the underground area but the guy I was with wasn't happy about going down there and would not go down. So I diddnt spend long. Im going back soon, its sorta local so I diddnt mind missing it that time.

You shoulda taken up my offer to take you round the basement, it was really cool and we found a 10 year old wheat cruches packet! what was up with ur friend anyway lol.

You shoulda taken up my offer to take you round the basement, it was really cool and we found a 10 year old wheat cruches packet! what was up with ur friend anyway lol.

He had some bad feeling about the place, I really wanted to go down there with you guys, but diddn't wanna leave him out there. Sorry bout all that! Ill go down there! Thanks for mentioning this site!

You didnt really miss owt, those little kids were drivin me crazy and 3 turned out to be scared of the dark and the other kept scaring them lol. I was gonna try light painting but never got the chance.

I'm sure some of the derby crew will give you a tour if you ask them nicely.

Next on the list: the 1st floor!

Did you find the 11 year old newspapers? - typical guy I had to look at the sports pages; Derby County were quite good back then :lol:

One step ahead of you mate, already been talking to crashmat about his obessesion lol

Part of the basement, shame none of the rest of my photos are focused.

Last edited:
Haha, nice one! Just to prove we got the rope up there.........

IMG_0528.jpg

Sorry to kinda hijack your thread by the way! :p

Nice pictures NobodyGirl, and welcome to the forum. Good to see its not been sealed up, which can't be said for other buildings in Derby.

I remember when the staircase was still intact two years ago (and most entrances in were wide open) I wish I had the guts to climb the stairs back then because I bet it was amazing.

Doing some research into the building I came across this planning application on Derby City Council's website LINK

Back