Derelict signal box at East Winch,Norfolk.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This old derelict signalbox is to be moved to one of the stations on the Mid Norfolk Railway.

Labbgutt if I am wrong I will put my hands up and say so. Sorry you were right the whole Signal Box from East Winch is going to be rebuilt at Thuxton Crossing on the M.N.R to help control a new Passing Loop. My apologies.

Thank you Black Shuck

Thanks for posting that I was right. I was 100 % sure that I was right, but I really started to get worried when you wrote that I was wrong. I saw the box was gone and I was pretty sure we were talking about the same old box.

Thanks for posting that I was right. I was 100 % sure that I was right, but I really started to get worried when you wrote that I was wrong. I saw the box was gone and I was pretty sure we were talking about the same old box.
Is the Box gone as we speak then or is it still in situ before it goes to the M.N.R:confused:

From reading this thread, it appears that the actual existence of this box on its original site is in question. This highlights, what to me appears to be the major fault of this 'report' - using old photographs in what construes to be a current explore. This action can cause all types of confusion and maybe wasted effort for other people, who may wish to visit the location.

The originator of the thread is not the is not the first person to do this (if indeed they are old): however, I feel that dating all photographs with correct month and year (as the vast majority already do), is very important in researching/deciding on future explores.

Come on Virusman :) , we had a full thread about stench pipes. One of the great things about DP is that we have a very laid back attitude as to what constitutes an explore (compared to some other sites) . As a new member we should encourage Oldbouys participation on the site, he may be new to the digital world.

Phil

Well said mate. Personally I would love to find an old signal box. I know of only two in my home county and they aren't accessible at all due to being privately owned but I am always on the lookout for more.

Well said mate. Personally I would love to find an old signal box. I know of only two in my home county and they aren't accessible at all due to being privately owned but I am always on the lookout for more.

To be honest they are a very rare commodity in this day and age. I know of at least 4 in Norfolk in situ but 3 of thm are in Private ownership and the other has been stripped of all the Lever frame.:(

To be honest they are a very rare commodity in this day and age. I know of at least 4 in Norfolk in situ but 3 of thm are in Private ownership and the other has been stripped of all the Lever frame.:(

One of the ones I am talking about is in north Northumberland. Some rich dude bought the land and house and the signal box but when he wanted to totally modernise it the council refused, basically stopping him vandalising a great piece of railway history. Now he isnt bothering to restore it, he is letting it rot unfortunately.

REALLY?!?!How exactly?:lol:

Why not try and encourage people to do better than to just drive them out, it's all very well being an "expert" but I would have thought that a forum is not just about knowing everything, it's about helping others out, sharing your finds, knowledge, and giving tips to others. frankly it's easy to criticise, but unless you back your criticism up with plausible explanations, then it's pointless.

If we all knew everything, then what's the point of a forum??????

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Oldbouy has now p***ed off, which is a shame, because regardless of the "quality" of the report, the guy was/is enthusiastic, which in my view is a great shame if he is now not. It's not like he was some chav scum out to destroy.

Honestly, what next.

Why not try and encourage people to do better than to just drive them out, it's all very well being an "expert" but I would have thought that a forum is not just about knowing everything, it's about helping others out, sharing your finds, knowledge, and giving tips to others. frankly it's easy to criticise, but unless you back your criticism up with plausible explanations, then it's pointless.

If we all knew everything, then what's the point of a forum??????

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Oldbouy has now p***ed off, which is a shame, because regardless of the "quality" of the report, the guy was/is enthusiastic, which in my view is a great shame if he is now not. It's not like he was some chav scum out to destroy.

Honestly, what next.

AOL. I thought this was supposed to be a more friendly forum than say 28DL. If someone keeps posting c**p then fine.

I passed through that way earlier today, so took a slight diversion to check out the current state of it - sadly, there's not enough left to warrant anything more than a quick snap out of the car window.

signal_box.jpg

That really is a very sad sight indeed. At least the top half of the Box has gone back to do what it was meant to.

Latest posts

Back