Devonport Dockyard Deep Shelter/The Cann Tunnel, Plymouth

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cann Tunnel.

Very impressive, nothing like an explore of a tunnel sealed for a long time.

I can't believe I used to play in this 15/20+ years ago and didn't know what it really was. I really do love these pictures as it really captures the scale of the tunnel system.

As part of this railway system, there are a few open tunnel up near clearbrook and a open tunnel near tavistock. All open as part of the cycle path.

UW

Could someone give me a google map link as to where this tunnel is not including access obviously unless you want to pm me that! Iv just done the devonport tunnels which Iv posted on another site and will post here tomorow now as tierd ha ha! But got the taste for exploring now!

I`ve yet to see it in the flesh too (and only live seconds from it:lol:)

Perhaps us Plymouth newbies should group together and have a butchers at it?!!

Ok m8 let me know when you get a chance, can`t seem to PM you though as that would be the best way to sort it:question:

We`ll definately all have to get together and do this one:lol::lol:

The pictures are fantastic but you can`t beet your own eyes;);)

I would think old clothes that you don`t mind wrecking, a pair of walking boots, and a plentiful supply of torches - being stuck at the far end in total darkness can`t be very funny lol!!!

Last edited:
just went to see this tonight with justcurious and its great down sadly i didint have a camera but really enjoyed it tho wondering how the trolleys got there lol

Latest posts

Back